Austin Record Convention Fall 2024

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,904 Posts
This Fall ARC wasn't my worst show but it wasn't great. I knew it wasn't going to be good but it was much slower than I expected. Friday during setup there weren't many early buyers. Saturday my tables stayed busy almost the entire day. It wasn't until the last half hour of the show that it slowed down for us. Then Sunday the turnout was really low. People usually come Saturday and Sunday but there were fewer dealers setup and some people had commented that they'd looked at everything and didn't need to come back on Sunday. It seemed like a lot of couples went to the show on a date to look at records but weren't really buying anything. One couple came to look at my techno and house and think they were just taking notes on what to look for digitally and spent like $5 after using one of my portables for an hour or more. Some of my regular buyers did come back Saturday and Sunday to buy stacks. One guy commented that some of the house and techno he bought from me at the last show are his favorite records now. It is nice seeing some of the younger DJs breath life back into some of the older DJ's collections I've bought by playing them out again.

Pre Arc swap was fun. Around 20 people. Much less hectic than having 80 people at the house the last show.

Met Alchemist on Friday after he bought a raer off me. He DJ'd for Eminem on Saturday after the F1 race.

Few photos from the show

Pickwick Superdisco jacket was a size small. Otherwise I would have bought it.

I did buy the Bee Gees World Tour '79 jacket

My super rare Yamaha DX7II jacket (that was only given to Yamaha employees) that I wore on Friday

ketan