New mix of CONTROLLER 7 stuff (aka AMBIDEXTROUS STRAW)

rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
edited August 2023 in DJ Talk / Mixes
Hello Good People,

Given the vast amount of gems Controller 7 has produced, I decided to put together a mix of some of my favorite tracks by him.  I think it turned out pretty nice and covers material from back in the Anticon days to current.  It has both instrumentals and vocal tracks and would love for you to listen and tell me what you think.  Tommy (aka Controller 7) gave it his stamp of approval and hopefully you will too.  Check it out here:  

https://soundcloud.com/rcwinkly/ambidextrous-straw-a-controller-7-mix

I hope you enjoy it and am happy to provide a track list if you'd like!
dj_cityboyketanklezmer electro-thug beatsElectrodeDuderonomy

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    dope! thank you good sir…i’ll peep this later this evening, i’m always stoked to hear a sick mix of dope tracks by dope people.
    rcwinkly

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    dope! thank you good sir…i’ll peep this later this evening, i’m always stoked to hear a sick mix of dope tracks by dope people.

My pleasure man!  Peep out Tommy's stuff on bandcamp too...he probably has some vinyl product for sale here and there if you're interested!

dj_cityboy

• I always enjoy your mixes, I'll definitely be checking this out. It's been fun re-checking out C7's stuff as I recently signed up for his "custom wallees" newsletter where he's been writing about all his early stuff track-by-track. Also, after a long gap, he seems suddenly very productive currently, which is great.

I am a man of simple tastes and will give anything with heavy drums a listen and he never disappoints.
    dj_cityboyrcwinkly

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    awwww yeah! this mix is fire to me, its exactly what i needed to hear right now. of course the production is tight, dope mix and dope tracks, i heard some rich, dose, slug, sole, sadly theres a lot i dont recognize, but thats dope. i think it was roughly around the 30 minute mark with that little girl talking blew my mind, and whatever is playing at 13:15 is fucking madness….so many sick beats…

thanks yo! i appreciate cha’

• Hyped you dig it!  Tommy is a great producer so I couldn’t resist putting this one together!!!

dj_cityboy said:
    awwww yeah! this mix is fire to me, its exactly what i needed to hear right now. of course the production is tight, dope mix and dope tracks, i heard some rich, dose, slug, sole, sadly theres a lot i dont recognize, but thats dope. i think it was roughly around the 30 minute mark with that little girl talking blew my mind, and whatever is playing at 13:15 is fucking madness….so many sick beats…

thanks yo! i appreciate cha’

• Glad you dig the mixes!  I’m all about heavy drums too so this won’t disappoint if that’s your jam.  Tommy’s drum work is top notch