Lee-go

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
billbradleyketan

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Nice.

• damn you got me looking up this "modular buildings collection". I am a sucker for miniature cities and dioramas etc. what else they got?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Is it New Orleans?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    They have a disco one too - it was very tempting 

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    any sets of abandoned warehouses that held 3-story raves featuring fire jugglers, people on stilts and a that dank room with the camping tents?
    ketanklezmer electro-thug beats

ppadilha said:
    any sets of abandoned warehouses that held 3-story raves featuring fire jugglers, people on stilts and a that dank room with the camping tents?

That was duder's accommodation 88-94, IIRC.

Duderonomyskel

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    oh man, i am a fan, i have purchased some newer sets, i have the medieval castle and the adidas superstar, but most of my lego is classic lego from the 80’s/90’s, my brother and i killed it when we were kids and i still played with lego until i was in my early 20’s, about 15 yrs ago i bought a huge lot of vintage lego sets with all the instructions and every so often i’ll take one out and rebuild it..

lego was a pretty big part of my childhood and so when i had kids the first “real” toy i thought about buying them both was lego, so they have a bunch of sets and a huge bin of random legos for building.

80’s lego space and castle sets were my shit and those fucking pirate ships… when i got older my moms gave away my shit *sadface and convinced me i was too old to play with lego and gave it all to my cousins and now here i am almost 50yrs old trying to buy the same sets again.. “parent just dont understand”

On that note, let me recant a story about my brother's boss.

He had a massive Gerry Anderson/Thunderbirds collection which his mum gave to charity when he'd gone away to college.  He didn't consent to this of course but that's life.

Ffwd 20-odd years later, he's on holiday in Florida and goes into a comic book store to get that USA raer.  Lo and behold, there's two Joe 90 annuals on the wall.  He asks to see the more expensive one, opens it, and it's got his name and address inside the cover.  Dude showed his passport to prove it.

Was in the Florida and Warrington newspaper.

Yes, he bought it back. 
    Duderonomybillbradleyketanklezmer electro-thug beats