The Making of The Sound of Detroit Reimagined by Jazzanova album

The Making of Jazzanova - Strata Records the Sound of Detroit. BBE Music and 180 proof records are proud to present this documentary showcasing the making of critically acclaimed album executive produced and unearthed by your favourite DJ’s favourite DJ; DJ Amir and German super-collective Jazzanova.

It is not the first time that overlooked music from the city of Detroit has been exhibited by BBE Music and subsequently receives the acclaim the catalog deserves. The Strata music reissues and reworkings have definitely shed a light on one of Detroit’s forgotten musical stalwarts; which has become a hallmark of music championed by DJ and Historian Amir Abdullah.

The great research and work by DJ Amir and Jazzanova, respectively, is laid bare in this doc. With interviews with DJ Amir, Jazzanova plus more, this doc gives us a peek behind the curtain on the creation of this much loved album - a look at the contributing factors to this impactful label and its artists. It also offers a glimpse into the genius of Jazzanova, and the meticulous detail applied to the reimagination. Creative musicianship at its pinnacle.

The release has been a great success, and the impact is still being felt worldwide. This doc also features a sneak preview to one of the latest ‘reimagination’ from this project by musclecars. This version brings the dance energy with echoes of UK garage two-step anthems. Introducing the music and history of Strata Records is paramount to DJ Amir - who is driven by feeding these musical treats to hungry ears.

"There's these two really influential DJs that have really inspired my DJ career. They're from the Boston area. They're called Amir & Kon – they're the DJs that your favorite DJs listen to. And they're always playing really obscure music that's really under-the-radar. I believe DJ Amir is the one that put me on to this particular piece, which has a good drum break to it. I think it came out in 1977… “ - Ahmir Questlove Thompson

To book DJ Amir and Jazzanova contact : Booking@best-works.com

https://youtu.be/jX1nrD8LJDU?t=1http://