Black Sabbath 'Embryo'... WHERE DO I KNOW THIS FROM

dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts

This has been driving me crazy for a few days now.  I swear I know this music from somewhere. I looked on whosampled, i took it to the breaks.com, i looked on wikipedia, youtube comments, even on IMBD to see if it has been used in a show.  Nothing....Was it on a famous mixtape maybe?  I've scoured the internet and come up with nothing but I swear it was used in something.  PLEASE HELP ME.

-break-
I'm not a metalhead and have never really been too into rock, but it is halloween, so i started listening to a spotify playlist called "The History of Heavy Metal" and i've actually really been enjoying it.  This is tune Embryo came on and it froze me in my tracks.  Anyways, i'm still in the early 70s part of the playlist but there is some dope shit in there.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Gibby Haynes of the Butthole Surfers was influenced by Sabbath. He played nearby a couple years ago and did a quick run through of that album. Aside from that, I don't know.

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Electrode said:
    Gibby Haynes of the Butthole Surfers was influenced by Sabbath. He played nearby a couple years ago and did a quick run through of that album. Aside from that, I don't know.

That’s it! I was at the Gibby Haynes show!

No I wasn’t. NEXT! haha

billbradley

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Okay, this is sort of crazy because yesterday (Sunday - the same day you posted this) my wife had the whole family working on cleaning the "art studio", which is a part of our house that is just layers and heaps of arts & crafts stuff from different eras of the pandemic. It was a long day, but worth it (it had to happen sooner or later).  Anyway, at one point I was disentangling a box full of homemade necklaces and necklace-related supplies and I actually listened to this exact record all the way through.  What a coincidence!

Were you in the corner somewhere, Diz?  Up in Ontario, Canada?  NEXT.

And I can't think of anything that's used this.  
    dizzybull

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    perhaps a demon visited you in your sleep at a tender age?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Baa Baa Black sheep, have you any wool, motherfucker?
    YemskyDanswift

• Okay this thread drew me out of lurking because I heard Embryo recently and it also drove me crazy.  Finally somewhere in my brain a dim lightbulb blinked on, and I realized it was used in Holy Rum Swig by X-Clan.  Hope that’s the one you were looking for.
    Electrodeketanbillbradleyklezmer electro-thug beatsJimsterDuderonomycove

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Nice catch; it's not listed on WS. At 3:32.

dizzybullDuderonomy

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    YESSSSSS!!!!!!! Holy shit you guys I fucking love you. I had all but given up. Ahhhhh it feels so good to finally know I might break down and weep blood. 
    Duderonomycove

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    weep blood. 

helluva first post, jumping j!

Duderonomy

• Glad I could… help?
    Duderonomy