Got any Heatrock requests?

Comments

• If somebody puts up a Freshco & Miz "We Don't Play" 12, I will be all over that shit like stink on a hippie.

Oh yeah....................

Hold your nose. I'm about to put a sealed OG up.

• Options
    MissB, what's that Addis Adaba record you put on that tape for me?, the first joint on the second side....if someone puts that up I'll go at it...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If somebody puts up a Freshco & Miz "We Don't Play" 12, I will be all over that shit like stink on a hippie.

Oh yeah....................

Hold your nose. I'm about to put a sealed OG up.

COOL

• Options
    MissB, what's that Addis Adaba record you put on that tape for me?, the first joint on the second side....if someone puts that up I'll go at it...

VOcal thing or the DOn Drummond ska original? VOcal is Willie Williams disco-mixed with vocals over a boosted Don Drummond...if that's what's what.

Easy, K.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I could also go for the Diamond Shell lp & The 1st Master Ace - minty fresh.

Peace

h

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

VOcal thing or the DOn Drummond ska original? VOcal is Willie Williams disco-mixed with vocals over a boosted Don Drummond...if that's what's what.

Easy, K.

ditto.

sweengod - i can't remember which version i gave you!...but KL's got the answers.

• any richard fields joint on Dat rich field cat. i need them

I may put up a couple of the LPs later today. Keep watching.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    sweet!

• Options

Easy, K.

ditto.

sweengod - i can't remember which version i gave you!...but KL's got the answers.

WIllie's version is on Studio One Roots (Soul Jazz) in addition to Studio 1 45 (credited to Willie Williams and the Don D All Stars dsr-9958-a dsr-9959-b) while the DOn D version is on In Memory OG and reissue (may be on Studio 1 Ska, too, but I haven't checked that out yet) - last track on one of the sides if memory serves me correct.

I love backing these tracks. Middle Eastern ska from the creator.

Kevin.

• I will try to put up a copy later today.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yo that Upsetters record I was asking K. and Faux about and now can't remember the name.

It would be nice if someone could put that up.

yeah.

Easy, K.

ditto.

WIllie's version is on Studio One Roots (Soul Jazz) in addition to Studio 1 45 (credited to Willie Williams and the Don D All Stars dsr-9958-a dsr-9959-b) while the DOn D version is on In Memory OG and original (may be on Studio 1 Ska, too, but I haven't checked that out yet) - last track on one of the sides if memory serves me correct.

Kevin.

It is on Studio 1 Ska and it actually sounds fucking amazing. It is the cleanest and heaviest version I've heard of it.

It is also on Skatalites - Foundation Ska:

• I will try to put up a copy later today.

Jesus, ask and ye shall receive!

Yo that Upsetters record I was asking K. and Faux about and now can't remember the name.

yeah.

were you asking about the upsetters or the king tubby/skatalites reckid?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

yeah.

were you asking about the upsetters or the king tubby/skatalites reckid?

That's the one!

Wow, I'm impressed by your memory for real - and kind of worried about my lack of one :/

But if anyone has one, my credit card shall be liberated.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I will dip into my swiss for some DETROIT CITY LIMITS- 98 CENTS PLUS TAX on OKEH.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    weldon irvine og assortment

Would Cosmic Vortex(Justice Divine) do the trick? Cause I had it in my later this week pile.

• Options

Easy, K.

Just went out to the car to listen to it to make sure, no vocals in the version on the tape just a TON of horns. But damn, I'll kick up for BOTH versions if it's able to happen!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

or Lou Donaldson hot dog or Dizzy Gillespie souled out would be rad.

• If anybody got graphics skills and access to screenprinting, I'd drop some dollars on a well-designed "Free Pimp C" shirt. The ones I'm seeing online just aren't doin' it.

• or a Jabbor Gibson t-shirt. Smell me?

• hmm someone should put up the siah/yeshua EP on fondle em so i dont feel bad about not posting mine..

• George Braith - Musart
    Joe Harriott - Hum Dono

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    If anybody got graphics skills and access to screenprinting, I'd drop some dollars on a well-designed "Free Pimp C" shirt. The ones I'm seeing online just aren't doin' it.
    word to that, i also wanna get one of those "dont watch me, watch tv" shirts. saw a dude wearin a sick ass one the other day

• I'm freakin broke but I might be able to find the budget for some 89 hiphop. In particular

Roxanne Shante - Shante Is Feeling Horny
    Vicious Beat Posse - Got To Give the People (og mix)
    Gangstarr - Manifest (89)
    Lakim Shabazz - Pure Righteousness

Anyone?

• I'm freakin broke but I might be able to find the budget for some 89 hiphop. In particular

Roxanne Shante - Shante Is Feeling Horny
    Vicious Beat Posse - Got To Give the People (og mix)
    Gangstarr - Manifest (89)
    Lakim Shabazz - Pure Righteousness

Anyone?

Was the Shante ever on 12"? I only remember seeing it on the Bad Sister LP. Good song.

I don't remember a "Pure Righteousness" 12" either, although the ultra-corny video got a lot of run when that was out. Are you talking about the LP?

• Was the Shante ever on 12"? I only remember seeing it on the Bad Sister LP. Good song.

I don't remember a "Pure Righteousness" 12" either, although the ultra-corny video got a lot of run when that was out. Are you talking about the LP?

Yeah, LP on the Shabazz, don't know about the Shante... I thought I'd seen some different mixes? Right now I'm just seeing it as the b-side to Have A Nice Day.

• Also... there's still some heat rocks going on page 5. Tuesday should be BUMP YOU UP DAY.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    geraldo pino
    lyman woodard
    more brazilian