Kool And The Gang

Hi,

About 18 months ago I decided to sell some of my vinyl to raise funds following the birth of my daughter. 

And of the dozen or so records I parted with, the one I constantly regret is my NM copy of Kool And The Gang’s debut. 

So, if anyone has a US original (DE-2003) in VG+ or better that they’re willing to sell please let me know. 

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey Joe,

That's a soul strut classic.  I also spent years looking for that record and had to settle for a vg- copy with heavy ring wear.  Best of luck in your search.  I know what it's like to regret selling off good records!

• The discogs listing on a NM copy of that is making me sweat... shit is not cheap!

• RAJ said:
    Hey Joe,

That's a soul strut classic.  I also spent years looking for that record and had to settle for a vg- copy with heavy ring wear.  Best of luck in your search.  I know what it's like to regret selling off good records!

Thanks man. Yeah the regret is deep with this one! 

• This thread inspired me to stream the album today and imagine owning the OG (VG- or better). I used to just skip to the famous tracks with the big breaks but I'd forgotten there's some real good relaxing-in-the-sun music on there too.
    Electrode

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    The early 90s Japanese boot and the gold cover "Best Of" LP is good enough for me until I manage to find an original. Surprised it is so hard to find.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Electrode said:
    The early 90s Japanese boot and the gold cover "Best Of" LP is good enough for me until I manage to find an original. Surprised it is so hard to find.

This.

The gold cover "best of" is a solid substitute.