Moderator?

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
Raj, do you need a moderator that can delete these spam messages? There have been a lot lately. I'm happy to help if you need it.
Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beatskicks79ageketanfoeDOR

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Thanks Bill.  You now have the power.

billbradleyageJimsterfoeDuderonomyppadilhacove

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
     Note to self: No BBQ sauce threads
    Duderonomybillbradley

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Jimster said:
     Note to self: No BBQ sauce threads

Good BBQ shouldn't need sauce. BBQ joints that smother their brisket in sauce are trying to hide the fact that their brisket is dry. It's like getting a really expensive steak and putting A1 sauce on it. It isn't necessary. However, over the years I've come to appreciate the regional variations on BBQ sauces and am ok with using them now. Times and tastes change. With food and with music.

• Agree on the brisket but I tolerate no A1 dissing. A1 & tabasco on damn near any steak is good, unless you're talking like a fancy restaurant steak.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Agree on the brisket but I tolerate no A1 dissing. A1 & tabasco on damn near any steak is good, unless you're talking like a fancy restaurant steak.

I'm talking about buying a $50 steak and putting A1 on it. I'm guess I'm just a purist. I like my steaks with some salt and pepper, and maybe a little melted butter. 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Worcestershire sauce + salt rub marinade FTW.

This is what I use when I grill steaks. Super simple and really brings out the flavor of the steak.

• Phew I'd put tabasco and A1 on like... up to 40 bucks, but 50+ I'm with you. We also call worcestershire just "L and P" in the house and it is our main marinade base.

What's the view on dry rubs though? Is that the staple BBQ seasoning then? Cook it right so it's moist, but brine/marinade/dry rub for the flavor?

Just cleared (baked) the cobwebs and mold spots out of my nasty ass BBQ for the first chicken of the season and plan to use it more this year than ever.

Phew I'd put tabasco and A1 on like... up to 40 bucks, but 50+ I'm with you. We also call worcestershire just "L and P" in the house and it is our main marinade base.

What's the view on dry rubs though? Is that the staple BBQ seasoning then? Cook it right so it's moist, but brine/marinade/dry rub for the flavor?

Just cleared (baked) the cobwebs and mold spots out of my nasty ass BBQ for the first chicken of the season and plan to use it more this year than ever.

I make my own dry rub for BBQ that I use on both brisket and pork ribs. Then I smoke both using mesquite wood. 

We also call worcestershire just "L and P" in the house and it is our main marinade base.

The one & only.

Moving into a place with a nice balcony, hope to get BBQing this summer too.

billbradleycove

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    where I live people will disown you if don't do your meat with rock salt over an open fire

chimichurri on the side is acceptable in some cases

ppadilha said:

chimichurri 

Whenever I was eating with Argie friends back in BCN, this stuff would get me humming:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I like BBQ.

billbradley