Marie Kondo

Not sure whether you are decluttering or under pressure from your other half to do so, but I am wondering whether Marie Kondo has helped you score recently. 
I noticed charity shops bulging at the moment, though I am missing quality. 

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I'm hearing about her everywhere the last few months. Even at work (Work at a University) the kids be talkin' about her.

My wife and I watched the first episode on Netflix. She's trying the folding thing and how you put things in drawers. My only issue with that, is I find it tougher to find what I'm looking for. Like everything in my toddlers drawer is pink or white or yellow. But trying to find the exact pink thing is a pain... I pull out 3 pink things before I find exactly what I'm looking for. And I gotta refold the other stuff I pulled.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    DOR said:
    I'm hearing about her everywhere the last few months. Even at work (Work at a University) the kids be talkin' about her.

My wife and I watched the first episode on Netflix. She's trying the folding thing and how you put things in drawers. My only issue with that, is I find it tougher to find what I'm looking for. Like everything in my toddlers drawer is pink or white or yellow. But trying to find the exact pink thing is a pain... I pull out 3 pink things before I find exactly what I'm looking for. And I gotta refold the other stuff I pulled.

haven't seen the folding technique, but can't you try to fold shirts in a way that the print is on the outside, so as to make it easier to locate the correct unicorn shirt that is being requested?

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    DOR said:

haven't seen the folding technique, but can't you try to fold shirts in a way that the print is on the outside, so as to make it easier to locate the correct unicorn shirt that is being requested?

Soulstrut morphing into Mumsnet.com 

;-)

So nobody scored from the current decluttering craze that has filled up charity stores to the rafters?

I had some of my best scores in the past when pyramid schemes forces people to sell of assets such as record collections...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    Not sure whether you are decluttering or under pressure from your other half to do so, but I am wondering whether Marie Kondo has helped you score recently. 
    I noticed charity shops bulging at the moment, though I am missing quality. 

Move house more often. In the last 10 years, I’ve lived in 9 different houses, and I don’t drive, so I travel light. When you move frequently, you realise there’s stuff you haven’t unpacked since the last move, so... it’s chud and gets thrown out. I don’t know if this makes me zen or some shit, but I’ve definitely come to realise that material shit is just that.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

I’ve definitely come to realise that material shit is just that.

Fight Club - the things you own end up owning you.  The way the music makes you feel is more important than the way owning the record makes you feel.  I've had everything I owned stolen before and you can live without it.

It's sobering but in the long run well worth learning.

nzshadow

You still on for moving to America's Davy Crockett hat?
    Duderonomy

Aye. ETA is mid-March... gotta get married before we leave and apply for my working visa (probably) only after we’ve got there. I have said that as a modern, “woke” dude, I’m happy to be a househusband if necessary... Red Dead 2 :drool:
    Jimster

LDN for a beer with T3h Strutmandem before getting hitched?
    Duderonomy

It’s a nice offer but I have a lot of other things to prioritise unfortunately; one of them is the possibility of some kind of interview (because I’m not Spanish), to ascertain if this is a sneaky green-card Brexit-dodging marriage or the real deal. I’m hoping the questions will stop once we tell them that we’re getting hitched in order to get out of Spain. I have no idea what to expect from this situation though.

It’s a nice offer but I have a lot of other things to prioritise unfortunately; one of them is the possibility of some kind of interview (because I’m not Spanish), to ascertain if this is a sneaky green-card Brexit-dodging marriage or the real deal. I’m hoping the questions will stop once we tell them that we’re getting hitched in order to get out of Spain. I have no idea what to expect from this situation though.

BCN for a beer with T3h Strutmandem before getting hitched?

b/w

Has she got a sister?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

Move house more often. In the last 10 years, I’ve lived in 9 different houses, and I don’t drive, so I travel light. When you move frequently, you realise there’s stuff you haven’t unpacked since the last move, so... it’s chud and gets thrown out. I don’t know if this makes me zen or some shit, but I’ve definitely come to realise that material shit is just that.

You sound like you are currently living in a van down by the river

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    ppadilha said:

You jest, but that's what the kids are on about nowadayz.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/nexjkq/the-very-strong-case-for-moving-the-hell-out-of-toronto

ppadilha said:

I don’t drive

Although getting my license will be one of my first jobs in Canada.

Jimster said:

BCN for a beer with T3h Strutmandem before getting hitched?

b/w

Has she got a sister?

I plan to do a quick tour of Teh UK before (it sinks) I cross the pond, time allowing a beer would be good.

No sister, soz.