slept on

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
some great music threads lately.  what else have you been hearing lately

https://bluntchunks.bandcamp.com/album/lean-2-u
^ on third listen, i'm a full convert. heard her on the new haolin munk album, and then heard this amazing psyche folk-ish album.  i need to catch up.

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    How is Bilal not a bigger star? I'm always blown away by this. 

I saw him here with a crowd of like 60 people. Now, I'm in white ass Austin Texas, but still it's sad to see so much talent go unappreciated.

- Damo
    rcwinkly

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    I slept on this album when it came out...just discovered it while putting together a recent mix.  Good vibe and this was one of my favorites:

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    I also slept on this guy until I found his "Stop" 45...then I found his full album on Verve which is a soulful bluesy monster that reminds me of Otis Redding.

Historically speaking, I'm a fan of DITC. But I'm just catching up all the recent material coming out of the crew and there is some great stuff.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    rcwinkly said:
    I slept on this album when it came out...just discovered it while putting together a recent mix.  Good vibe and this was one of my favorites:

Thats real nice.
    I've not checked for UD since they released Audacity in 2008 when I stopped listening to Rap as much as I had done for the previous couple of decades.
    That said Audacity was my favorite UD album by a long shot and I was a bit of a UD fan boy back then.

Might have to check Moving At Break Neck Speed album out based on that track.