Cheeeeeeeeap mics

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
edited August 2017 in Strut Central
I need to record a voiceover for a radio thing I'm doing.  I've just got my Windows 10 laptop with me (I'm on the move at the moment).  What's the cheapest mic you'd trust for something like this?  Ideally it would be able to plug into a USB port, and I could order it stat to rural France (e.g., Amazon steez)!  

I know.... but I'm desperate here. I won't need to record any instruments.

This got a good review from someone on youtube, but ??

https://www.amazon.fr/Fifine-Microphones-Condensateurs-Enregistrement-K669/dp/B01N034RTC/

Can anyone comment on the specs?

Applications
Studio Voix, Discours, Instruments, Podcasts, Enregistrement de bureau
Spécifications:
L'électricité d'alimentation: 5V
Modèle Polaire: Unidirectionnel
Réponse en fréquence: 20Hz-20kHz
Sensibilité: -34dB ± 30% (à 1kHz)
Impédance de charge: ≥1000Ω
Niveau sonore équivalent: 16Dba
Max.SPL: 130Db (à 1kHz≤1% T.H.D)
Rapport S / N: 78Db
Courant électrique: 3Ma

THANK YOU, SS. 

Comments

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts

If you're going to do "radio things" a lot, I'd just go ahead and get a real workhorse, like a Shure SM 58, a pop-on windscreen, and an XLR to USB adaptor box (several available in different configurations).

It will set you back a couple of hundred dollars US, but will give you years of service and you can literally shoot it, run over it with a truck, or drop it from very high heights, and it will pass signal.

GJ

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    RhythmGJ said:

If you're going to do "radio things" a lot, I'd just go ahead and get a real workhorse, like a Shure SM 58, a pop-on windscreen, and an XLR to USB adaptor box (several available in different configurations).

It will set you back a couple of hundred dollars US, but will give you years of service and you can literally shoot it, run over it with a truck, or drop it from very high heights, and it will pass signal.

GJ

Hmm - I was going to say that I'm not interested in investing in something right now (I'm traveling around for a loooong time atm and can't carry around any extra stuff).  But maybe if I get something industry-standard like this, it'll be easy to resell it to someone for cheap after I'm done with it.  Thanks!

jjfad027 said:
    Doesn't look like it'll work with Windows.  :(

I ended up getting the Shure MV5. Should get the job done. Thanks, folks!