Robert Montgomery Time of the day/Take me high .Soul Junction Records New double headed 45.

thatfunkykidthatfunkykid 31 Posts
edited June 2017 in Music Talk

2 fabulous previously unissued cool grooves back to back on this brand new "hot " Soul Junction Records 45rpm/7inch single.

Release Date: Monday June 19th 2017

Robert Montgomery returns with his follow up release to his immensely popular SJ1007 45, “I Need You Girl” (See previous  release ).

Following on from the release of Robert’s solitary US 45 “I Need You Girl”, on the Crescent label during 1976. Robert spent a period of some 12 months touring with a group called Villaruz, that over, he decided to relocate to Atlanta G.A sometime during 1978. Following an invitation to join a band he’d over heard rehearsing as their keyboard and organ player, Robert began a short tenure with the Michigan funk group “Ripple” who themselves had previously moved to Atlanta upon signing with GRC Records. Ripple recorded several hit singles for GRC including “I Don’t Know What It Is, But It Sure Is Funky”. Followed by the seminal album “Sons Of The Gods” for Salsoul Records in 1977, which featured their perennial disco/hustle classic “The Beat Goes On And On”. During a later period of reconstruction by Ripple’s band leader and percussionist Brian Sherrer, Robert using the musicians from Ripple embarked on a vanity project of his own to record four songs that he had composed. Although these songs remained unissued, two of them are now to be released on a Soul Junction 45. The modern soul dancer ‘Time Of The Day” backed with “Take Me High” a more modern ‘boogie’ soul orientated song (Catalogue number SJ537).

While a third track, the excellent ballad ‘Love Song About You’ will also be making it’s long awaited debut as part of the forthcoming “We Got A Sweet Thing Going On” Volume 3 compilation. These tracks were to be Robert’s last attempt at a performing career, by then being a married 28 year old, he decided to put more emphasis on his family life. In doing so he turned his back on a full time musical career and entered a new career in the insurance business where he worked as an insurance agent for the next 30 years. Robert for many years remained oblivious to the interest in his melodic piano driven Crescent 45 outing “I Need You Girl” within the European modern soul fraternity. Now with Soul Junctions intervention Robert now has three highly collectable 45 releases to his name.

For further information please contact Soul Junction at:

Tel: +44 (0) 121 602 8115 or E-mail: sales@souljunction.co.uk

Link to purchase and more info via

http://www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk/SJ537.html