A song that recently surprised you

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
Had the Radiooooo.com site streaming in the background while I'm coding. This song came on. The volume was too low across the room, and I didn't notice the intro to the track. I thought the radio stream turned off. I get up to walk into the living room to refresh the page, and all of a sudden Turkish dance party in my living room. 

Immediately rekindling my fire for Turkish music. 

- Damo

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I was blindsided by this when I heard it on my local station the other night

• Whoa, shit, that Kabanjak is great.

In a similar vein, kind of:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

• I first heard this watching a skate video. My eyes went sparkly, when I found out they are a current band the sparkles got bigger.

ketanDuderonomy

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    I first heard this watching a skate video. My eyes went sparkly, when I found out they are a current band the sparkles got bigger.

Beatsoup said:
    I first heard this watching a skate video. My eyes went sparkly, when I found out they are a current band the sparkles got bigger.

!!! CROSSPOAST http://sixtonarmor.com/2013/03/12/the-soundcarriers/
    Duderonomy

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    yes, i am impressed by the arrangement on that album
    Duderonomy

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    not a song, but an entire album that surprised me today:

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Skee-lo - I Wish

• skel said:
    Skee-lo - I Wish

surprisingly underrated?

On balance, yes.
    Apropos of nothing, I started spouting that shit during a quiet moment in the office.
    Girls were all 'I used to love that', ceo was all YES.

it went slightly pear shaped when I went into Area Codes.
    Ah well.

• I think I can still do all three verses off the top of my head. Don't think anyone I've worked with would be impressed though. Places I've worked I end up unthinkingly spitting whatever's least appropriate.

. Places I've worked I end up unthinkingly spitting whatever's least appropriate.
    This. Spitting Wreckonize when big chief from head office strolls thru the office.
    Ultimately not a leg up the long term corporate ladder, but I'm all about the Local Work Experience in the here and now, and you gain huge points from the team on the daily in perpetuity.
    Duderonomy

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Electrode said:
    I was blindsided by this when I heard it on my local station the other night

Dude, my neck is officially broken. Gawdayum!

- spidey

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

WTF
    Duderonomy

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Not gonna embed, but the alternative rock station that my radio alarm clock wakes me up with has added HeavydirtySoul by 21 Pilots and it has a bunch of those old hip-hop breakbeats replayed while they rap over it. When I was younger I used to obsess over those beats and could identify them immediately but now not so much.