Free box of vinyl records. Interested?

I’ve started a new kind of web shop & subscription service that features vinyl records from a list of handpicked exciting and under the radar ambient / drone / house / techno record labels. Interested in giving it a try and getting your first box of vinyl records for free? 

What you get:

Get a surprise box of vinyl records, delivered right to your front, once per month. Each box includes 1 new limited edition LP + 1 EP.  I'll send you mainly ambient, drone, house or techno records from small record labels worth checking out. First month is free, I’ll only ask you to cover the shipping fees.

How to join:
Send an email to miguel@thatspecialrecord.com and I’ll reply back to learn more about your preferences. You can also message me here on soulstrut or sign-up here.

Why I started it:
I've been a longtime record collector and I love electronic music, particularly ambient, drone, house and techno music. The problem is that If you don’t live near a decent record shop and can’t afford to jump in your car and drive 200 km to the closest one just to pick a record or two, then there's only one option left: to buy records online. Unfortunately, most online stores have way too much music listed and it’s way too time consuming to filter the junk from the good stuff. That Special Record not only wants to make online crate digging a less painful process, we want to make it a nicer and more personal experience. 

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    not another one of these .... 

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hi Don,

I hate to be a pedantic tool on a Friday but,ignoring the online aspect, surely the whole part of going through to  " filter the junk from the good stuff" is the actual digging part. Otherwise you're just pre-selected shelf browsing.

Also, how is getting random records mailed to you even a remotely personal experience? It seems to be the absolute opposite of that. Perhaps some sort of feedback loop where people could indicate things they like, records they appreciated etc would be a better idea here?

• Junior said:
    Hi Don,

I hate to be a pedantic tool on a Friday but,ignoring the online aspect, surely the whole part of going through to  " filter the junk from the good stuff" is the actual digging part. Otherwise you're just pre-selected shelf browsing.

Also, how is getting random records mailed to you even a remotely personal experience? It seems to be the absolute opposite of that. Perhaps some sort of feedback loop where people could indicate things they like, records they appreciated etc would be a better idea here?

Hey Junior. I totally get what you mean but please have in mind that the aim here is essentially to make make online crate digging a less painful experience. That Special Record is more than just a subscription service. it's also a new kind of web shop where you can read the stories behind some of the labels we work with, and can buy their records. Our selection is small, but carefully curated and if you dig our Web Store selections, we also have a subscription service at your disposal. The personal experience is like going crate digging to your favourite local record shop and asking the record store owner to ship you 1 or 2 extra surprise records once per month. You get the point.