Louisiana Label - HOUMA - 45s - History Project

Hello friends and vinyl collectors, I am Doug from New Orleans. Well, I actually grew up in the small town of Houma, just a hour from the Crescent City. I have been collecting records for over 10 years now and DJing for 6 both live and on the radio Thursday nights at 8 on WTUL 91.5fm at Tulane University. I specialize in Louisiana music- funk, R&B, rock & roll, soul, brass, swamp pop, cajun and bounce. I am here to try to find information on the HOUMA label with its . I have a few 45s from the label but I am looking to find as many as possible for a project meant to preserve this sweet Louisiana music. The label was mostly cajun music, but there is the occasional rock & roll, soul, and r&b tune. There were artist such as - L. J. ForetGene RodrigueRonnie ChauvinDupe The Drifter
Ronnie ChauvinSheriff Eddie Ste. MarieRogers Dufrene and many more. The complete list is available on this site - http://www.45cat.com/label/houma-houma-la . If anyone has any information on the studio where this music was made or photos, the people that made it, or if you yourself have any of these 45s, please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you much and have a great day filled with sweet music! Doug 

Comments