anyone still fusk with film?

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
edited June 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
these are some recent shots from my trip to curitiba.

PicklesppadilhaJimster

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts

I mainly just use the old SLR to mess around with multiple exposures these days... too expensive for regular stuff!  But I still haven't found a (cheap) digimon that does this. 

Picklesppadilha

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I believe Raj still does. I haven't touched film in 10 years. I would love to get back into it just doing B&W.

• I shoot film on a ridiculously hard to process minox b spy camera, and on a swing-lens panoramic 35mm camera called a Horizon. I have some SLRs, but I tend to use digital for what I'd use the SLRs for. I don't have any recent stuff as it's all in a ziploc in the fridge waiting to be developed but here's some old (18 months+) stuff. My favorite stocks are Ektar 100 and Velvia 50.

and the minox:

ketanJimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    what SLR do you use for multiple exposures? I stick to my trusty old Pentax K1000 but it doesn't do multiple exposures.

I pick up old cameras at fleas and play around with them, a while back I bought something along the lines of the brazilian 120mm brownie. It's a basic 50s camera with 3 settings for aperture and 3 others for focus, so it's a bit hit and miss. I've played around with multiple exposures on it but I haven't really got that down. I wouldn't mind getting a nicer medium format camera though, I've seen those Pentax SLR ones that are like a small tank but they're still a bit pricey for casual use. And I just use whatever film I can get my hands on these days, I don't get much of an option down here. Fuji Neopan 100 is still my favorite for b&w though.

these are from the brownie from some vacations:

ketankicks79Jimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts
    this is the camera:

i like those panoramas a lot!
    klezmer electro-thug beats

ppadilha said:
    what SLR do you use for multiple exposures? I stick to my trusty old Pentax K1000 but it doesn't do multiple exposures.

i started off with a K1000, actually!  you use the film rewind button at the bottom (http://blog.gabrielleassaf.me/post/1722198378/multiple-exposures-with-pentax).  then i went on to the ricoh xr-1, which actually labels that button 'm.e.' for multiple exposure.  a few years ago i moved on up to an auto SLR, the Nikon n8008.  it's nice because, if you're okay with balanced light on each layer, you just tell it how many exposures you plan on taking and it will auto-calculate the light for each shot (but you can still go full manual if you want).
    ppadilha

• Thanks ketan. I don't share them with anyone pretty much, mainly out of laziness, but I really love how they look. Good film on a big negative (58mm x 24mm) just looks like nothing else.

here's a bug for you raj - my images are doubled up, in HTML view they're only in once...