NM to Texas (Route 66)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
I'm heading out on my yearly photography expedition in a couple weeks.

This time around I plan on driving from Albuquerque to Amarillo, TX (maybe further) exploring what's left off Route 66.

Anybody been up that way?  Suggestions welcome!

Past years shots:  

Bert's Country Dancing Holbrook, Arizona Holbrook, Arizona Holbrook, Arizona Joseph City, AZ Holbrook, Arizona Barstow, CA Barstow, CA Needles, CA Grants, NM Needles, CA Route 66 - New Mexico Amboy, CA
Jimsterbillbradleypara11ax

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Really tite shots! Enjoy! If you happen to make it through to Route 66 in Chicago, coffee at Lou Mitchell's is on me.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    It's been 20 years since I was out that way, but even back then I was kind of disappointed by what was left. I have to say we didn't have a ton of time to explore so there could be easily be cool spots we missed. I know that the Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo has been relocated since I was there, but it's worth a look no matter where it is.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    asstro said:
    It's been 20 years since I was out that way, but even back then I was kind of disappointed by what was left. I have to say we didn't have a ton of time to explore so there could be easily be cool spots we missed. I know that the Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo has been relocated since I was there, but it's worth a look no matter where it is.
    For me, it's all about what's not left of what used to be.  It makes for better pictures.

There's a lot of cool ghost towns going East from Albuquerque.  I'm trying to make it to Texola, OK.