Garry Shandling, RIP

Can't believe it.  But he's gone.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sucks.  Gary Shandling show on Showtime was part of my upbringing.  RIP.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    What????  Fuuuuuuuuck.

RIP.  

"This is the theme to Garry's show..." was a part of my upbringing, and the Larry Sanders Show wasn't too shabby either.

I always held out hope he would come back with something new. 

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Remember when Wu was on that show?
    Ha.
    RIP

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

Gary Shandling's passing is a sad loss.  His show was incredibly funny, and he was a great writer is well.  He had a great impact on television as his show was the platform for a number of later show's (e.g., "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "Louie", etc.).  RIP, Mr. Shandling.  Your impact on entertainment will stand.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Weird, I was on youtube a couple of nights back and found myself watching a strange meeting with him & Ricky Gervais.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Check out this profile of Shandling from a few years ago, it's pretty great and gives some context for that standoff with Gervais.
    http://www.gq.com/story/comedy-issue-garry-shandling?printable=true
    Duderonomy

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Larry Sanders Show is my probably favorite television comedy. He was a great standing up comedian too. 

The interviews I'd seen with him in the past decade were great. Seemed to have loosened up. 

Not it sure if there have been more cool people deaths this year or if I'm officially old...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts

I must have been 9 or 10 when this Comic Relief set was aired (anyone know what year this is from?)... my friend, Dave, was a huge Garry Shandling fan and he taped this routine on betamax and we watched it often.