Bowie Death - Hoax?

People are losing their shit over this one.  I figured he'd be around until 125 or so...

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Seems legit, sadly.  A true one-off.

Rest in peace.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    RIP David
    a local lad from my corner of south London

I wasn't the biggest fan but he certainly made some memorable and shining records

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fuck cancer.

RIP
    Pickles

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    RIP to one of my favourite artists  and, in a roundabout way, someone whose refusal to rest on his laurels inspired me to change up my own life for something better. The mid to late seventies output is about as good as music gets.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    :-(
    well that sucks,what an awful way to start the week
    cheers to a king,current and creative in every media form right up to the end
    Junior

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This one hurts.  We were just celebrating his birthday too!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Ya, It was like a sucker punch to the gut hearing this first thing this morning.

Fuck cancer for real.

RIP Mr. Bowie

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    69 is way too young, don't smoke like a chimney or do drugs kids. 
    finelikewine

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Crickets be damned. Although I never really stopped playing albums like Low I've spent some time this week going back and listening to some of the less visited music and came across this which I had never really given that much time to previously. Simple and elegant and rather lovely and an interesting snapshot of what it's like before the fame comes. Thought it was worth sharing.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    Sad to see giants go like that.  It's amazing that he made a last album like that.  

Hope his family are okay.  I think his daughter is still quite young.

Just read about this game, on some f*ck cancer ish:

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/that-dragon-cancer/

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Seriously... This guy never aged and there was never a thought he'd leave this planet.   

Rocking this record right now:

I was more of a fame of his disco-ish stuff...  had that fashion NY coked out vibe.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Seriously... This guy never aged and there was never a thought he'd leave this planet.   

Rocking this record right now:

I was more of a fame of his disco-ish stuff...  had that fashion NY coked out vibe.
    Nice choice!  

Used to spin that and "Fame" off this record... back in the DJ days.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey,

I was heartbroken by the news of Mr. Bowie's passing.  I grew up on David Bowie music from Ziggy Stardust, to Fame, all the way through his later material.  He changed the game in terms of being an ever-evolving artist and willing to push boundaries.  Rest in peace, Mr. Bowie.  Your musical legacy will last forever.

One of my favorites:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak