sourced mega hauls

let's talk about some of the best discoveries of the last decade. i know dudes that uncover these things try to keep the quantities a secret. obviously that keeps prices higher, but i'm kinda curious about some of these mega hauls and the stories behind them. i know there's a lot of you guys with success stories, and i think it would make for an interesting thread.

Donnie & Joe Emerson? I caught this at groove merchant for $45 and it went on to be an Ariel Pink cover and big reissue. Who had the records? tell me more please.

add on.

MLuck

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The discovery of disco illusion caused quit a stir. I don't know anything about how it got discovered, though.

Or this one, made popular by Floating Points:

Both records got booted subsequently.

MLuck

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey @Tom_Doc_Delay !

Have you seen this epic thread ?

I mentioned the best haul I ever had.  A huge promo 45 collection with lots of miscellaneous LP raers.
    MLuck

• The discovery of disco illusion caused quit a stir. I don't know anything about how it got discovered, though.

Don't know the full story with Disco Illusion but I think the Invisible City dudes found it in an old distribution warehouse in Trinidad. Pretty sure they re-issued it legitimately.  

• CrabbyCrabby Kanata 23 Posts
    what ever happened with that warehouse full of stax boxes?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Crabby said:
    what ever happened with that warehouse full of stax boxes?
    Don't know, but brings me back when this guy had access to the Stax master tape.