Glueing Covers

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Picked up a couple of records with covers in nice condition - only thing is the glue has straight worn off. No rips, tears, water damage, nothing. Is this the kind of thing that any super glue will do or do some glues fuck up the cardboard. Anyone got a brand I should use or steer clear of?Thanks.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i havent had any luck with super glue in the past, maybe its the wrong type of glue.

i too would like to know what some of y'all do for this problem...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I have used Elmer's (strong stuff) in either the classic school type or in a glue stick and have had good luck. Just be careful with it, do not apply too much. I like the glue sticks best.

• I have used Elmer's (strong stuff) in either the classic school type or in a glue stick and have had good luck. Just be careful with it, do not apply too much. I like the glue sticks best.

Wow, gluesticks - that's the last thing I would have thought would work. Thanks for the info.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I have used Elmer's (strong stuff) in either the classic school type or in a glue stick and have had good luck. Just be careful with it, do not apply too much. I like the glue sticks best.

Wow, gluesticks - that's the last thing I would have thought would work. Thanks for the info.

Just depends on the sticks. I would stick with a brand name, the ones from the dollar store barely hold an envelope shut for a minute, but the brand name ones have done OK by me in the past.

• I usually use the see-trough photo glue, which not only does the job but can be removed as well.