Missy Elliott in 2015

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Comments

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    Music not really my thing but what a clip!

• Never heard a song by her I Iike. 

• Very refreshing to see her back at it. The song and video had me smiling from ear to ear the whole time. I'll be playing this out tonight!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I like it well enough, even if it seems more or less a retread of what's she's been doing since "Work It" through "Lose Control" - flexin' '80s throwsbacks. Could be worse! 

Timbaland, on the other hand... Nah. Heard some new song on Apple Music that just wasn't, ahem, cutting the Mustard in 2015. 

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Always interested to see what Missy comes up with. There were a couple of leaks from a year or so back that sounded kind of flat and made me wonder whether she might have lost her way a little. I wasn't too knocked out by that track she did on the Janet Jackson album either, although to be truthful I haven't given that album a great deal of time yet anyway.

This is the kind of thing Missy does really well - an up-tempo party jam with a lot of crossover appeal. It's not the best thing she's ever done, although the video is terrific. If what I'm seeing in my social media feeds is any indication, it's the people who don't really fuck with rap who'll probably respond to it best. That's not meant as a criticism, more an observation on the kind of broad audience she's able to draw. Fitting in with current trends (whatever they happen to be) has never been an issue for her; creating her own lane was how she got over in the first place. 

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    OK, having now heard this over a decent rig, I wish to modify my initial conclusion and state for the record that this shit go hard.

• DocMcCoy said:
    OK, having now heard this over a decent rig, I wish to modify my initial conclusion and state for the record that this shit go hard.
    agreed -- played it out on Saturday and it's a winner. Sounded great.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Hahaha

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    wack

batmon said:
    wack