white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
Don't know why but in this: 

I'm hearing:

I think I'm probably just trippin' 

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yes, I realize it's most likely not a sample at all 

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It's not that Dungen tune, no, but I can hear why you thought it was. Funnily enough Alex Tumay, Thugga's recording engineer of choice, did a Q&A a few weeks ago on a gaming site, of all places. He talked at length about the processes and methods used by Thugga and his circle of producers, as well as some of the roles he plays beyond tracking and mixing. It seems one of those roles involves occasionally sourcing interesting material for yer London On Da Tracks and yer Metro Boomins to sample. While he didn't name any specific songs or artists, he did say that he puts a lot of current indie rock their way. It's not beyond the realms of possibility, therefore, that this particular lick you're talking about may have been inspired by a listen to that Dungen album, as unlikely as that might seem.

Slime Season is an incredible piece of work. Slime Season 2 seems a little less immediate, and to be honest I've only listened to it a few times so far - some amazing tracks, but on initial impressions it's maybe a little too long and not as well-sequenced.