Mr. Bongo - Viva Tirado LP

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Someone tell me something about this record!I found it wothout a cover and it turns out its really fucking good. Couldn't find any info about it on the net. Shit is basically covers in a hard latin-funk vein. Did this artists do any other good Latin Funk LPs?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    search under Jack Costanzo

Mr Bongo is his nickname

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Viva Tirado, his second with former "Playboy" Playmate Gerrie Woo, is his fantastic, funky, "rare-groove" holy grail.

Thanks for that very informative link Reynaldo.

So, is this LP rare? The site seems to indicate that this record is the only truly 'funky' LP he cut. is that right?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    not raer

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Thanks for that very informative link Reynaldo.

So, is this LP rare? The site seems to indicate that this record is the only truly 'funky' LP he cut. is that right?

I don??t know this one, but it seems pretty dope.
    Any of you soulstrutters have listened to it? Any info? Thanks in advance.

Peace

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I still can't seem to find any links to it being sold anywhere. no ebay, gemm or popsike history for this title.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I still can't seem to find any links to it being sold anywhere. no ebay, gemm or popsike history for this title.

http://www.zabasearch.com/

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Latin Percussion with Soul is the LP with "Jive Samba".Heavy duty version,and his best record in my opinion.

• so cal beach dude summer 2005. shred. lovelite and excitement. shit dude i gotz pregenant ladi and shit hella cools. be hangin with bearded d in my lr tonight while my lady sleepz. bd is rolling wit the frame. just got back from trippin in the nature reserve wit ms collie ryan and shit. painted hubcaps fer dayz. rok on chriz. ap

Anthony P,what you gonna name ya kid gee?I remember when I was young,I tried to convince my homies parents to name their newborn-Lando,as in Calrisien!Needless to say,they wernt feelin it!

Congrats again big man.

• rard dood i think itz a female. gonna drop some cool name. hav to see her 1st to know. so cal beach dude summer 2005. folkways.

• i think viva tarado jak constza iz raer. i had them shitz a couple timez an i say rearish type rekkidz. the wizard ( no lompoc ) shredz costazo though. synthz patternZ fer dayZ.

Your gonna wait till you see her?That's ballsy homie!We had our kids named locked 2 full months in advance.What if you get all caught up in the moment and name her something like-Gertrude or Ziplock or sizzle chest or suzzie creamcheese or moon zappa.Hey man,good luck...Seriously though,Lando is kinda tight!

• lando is kinda tight.

we will rock some bold shit.

cant name her till i see her. wont know her till i know her. need to know her to name her.

congrats to you.

ap