An hour with Pretty Purdie.

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited August 2015 in Strut Central

Can we do a beat competition with this?

- damo

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Let me guess. He spends 3 minutes drumming and 57 minutes talking about how he played the drums on the Beatles albums. And the Rolling Stones. And Led Zeppelin. And AC/DC. And well, pretty much everyone ever really.

• he actually does like a 25 minute drum solo that he narrates as he goes, never missing a beat. This man is a national treasure. fuck a beat battle, this is the real thing.

who is "damo"?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I just went upstairs to work on mastering the 'Purdie Bounce.' Actually, it wasn't too difficult to get the coordination down (good with left hand adlibbing-related). It helps that I was obsessive with working on paradiddle drills when learning to play drums (and for playing snare in marching band). I'll have to incorporate it into my drumming repertoire.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    who is "damo"?

just another one of my pseudonyms..

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Jesse DeVille said:
    Let me guess. He spends 3 minutes drumming and 57 minutes talking about how he played the drums on the Beatles albums. And the Rolling Stones. And Led Zeppelin. And AC/DC. And well, pretty much everyone ever really.

*yawn*

- damoob

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    great vid thanks for posting damo/spidey/spldey