Austin Record Convention 2015

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited May 2015 in Strut Central
The Austin Record Convention was this past weekend. Early shopping fee on Friday was $40 so to heck with that. I showed up with all the regular Joe's at 10am on Saturday. Glad that the venue has changed from the Crockett Center to the Palmer Events Center even just for the improved cleanliness of the hall.

Whenever I walk into ARC, I immediately find the guy who has 3 tables of 12"s for a dollar a piece. It's never the same guy, but this guy always seems to be at each of the conventions. Sure enough I found him, this time a guy from Houston, and I was quite happy to dig up the following:

And I now have a double of this if anybody needs one:

But beyond the records, it stormed like crazy Saturday night. And then it stormed like crazy again Monday afternoon. I've known Shoal Creek to overflow its banks every now and then and it even killed someone back in the 90's, but nobody has ever seen it rise out this far:

But hey, at least our vastly depleted Lake Travis gained 22 feet in a single week.

Crazy times.

Comments

• EL CHAMACOEL CHAMACO 96 Posts
    Nice finds and now thanks to you I'm gonna watch a doc on Gangsta Pat later! Yeah, nutso weather Texas is receiving.. We'd love even just a smidgen of that rain out here in SoCal.. Stay dry homey.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    It pains me but I had to skip the convention this year. Some amazing records were pulled by others though. Someone posted an East of Underground on Instagram from the show.

• That's the last ARC. Obama's weather machine is just softening your state up for the Final Invasion. By this time next week you'll be required to trade in your guns for Korans and prayer rugs.