ATLANTA GAS $4?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
cnn is sayin gas prices going nuts in ATL. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    probably be $4 here in CA before too long.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    3.10 in the midwest...WOAH.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

i was predicting this for next summer! Whew! glad I was wrong, huh?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

i was predicting this for next summer! Whew! glad I was wrong, huh?

haha!!!

wait... thats not funny!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    in related news, have people heard about that 'DONT BUY GAS ON SEPTEMBER 1ST' SHIT?

heres the rundown if you missed it

• The closest gas station to my place in Chicago is doing $3.85 for regular gasoline.
    Lady behind the bullet-proof glass said $4.00 by next week.

• you think more people will start riding bikes?

• *knocks on wood*

Gas was $2.69 in Brooklyn as of this morning. Damn I gotta fill up tonight too

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    2.85 out here

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    you think more people will start riding bikes?

never that, dog

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Man i thought we went to war for cheap oil.

"Wha'happen?"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you think more people will start riding bikes?

never that, dog

LA would fall into the ocean first

• Options
    Cars are for suckers.

K in Canada.

• canadians are so enlightened.

• Cars are for suckers. guys that can't bike to the nearest stock source

J in NYC.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i think its still in the 2.60 range out here...

almost glad i messed up my car before they went above $2..haha

• Sadly "parties at the pump" were no more.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• That's just ridiculous... gotta be gouging. Or Hawaii.

I like how I was on my way to the mall, saw gas for $2.99, thought I need to get some since I saw this thread earlier, came back to the same station 2 hours later only to find it was $3.09, just said fuck it and got gas.

Then realized everywhere else was still $2.99 - that one just raised the price because the gas truck had just rolled in. D'oh!

Of course given i passed on gas the other day for $2.49, I was a little annoyed.

What, $24 to fill my tank? I must drive an SUV... right?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    hawaii is at 2.80ish or so right now

• hawaii is at 2.80ish or so right now

Somebody needs to sue that BP then.

• Anyone want a gas guzzlin' SUV great price...?!

• Your gas price hikes, so does ours for that authentic knock-on affect.

We're already on approx GB??4.00 a gallon.........looking forward to it hitting the big 5 soon then. !

• Your gas price hikes, so does ours for that authentic knock-on affect.

We're already on approx GB??4.00 a gallon.........looking forward to it hitting the big 5 soon then. !

Put that in US terms - $7/Gallon here in London

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    $8 here.

• thats can happen when you dont have a new energy policy for 10 years or build a new refinery for 20 years, refuse to drill for oil anywhere, and force the refineries you do have to refine special eco-friendly fuels that cost more to make and cut into regular production.

• isnt the wholesale price of gas still only like $.80 or $.85 or some shit...why does there have to be 500-600% markup?...breaking it off in us...bastards.

• 3.29 in South Carolina..if you can actually find it. Last night I went to get some and no one had it. Luckily I found one place that still had some Unleaded Plus(more expensive) left. The person at the station said they would be out of gas until next Thursday. I really can't afford this shit but living here, a car is neccassary.

• 3.29 in South Carolina..if you can actually find it. Last night I went to get some and no one had it. Luckily I found one place that still had some Unleaded Plus(more expensive) left. The person at the station said they would be out of gas until next Thursday. I really can't afford this shit but living here, a car is neccassary.

ill. gas shortages. we havent had to deal with that for a minute.

Yeah, it's about $3 in NC. There are only two pipelines that come to the state and at least one's broken from the hurricane. I heard in Charlotte there are gaslines a la 1977 already.