GREGORY JAMES EDITION - "PROPHETS OF SOUL" APPRECIATION

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited April 2015 in Strut Central
offhand, a friend mentioned this record the other day and said he thought i'd be into it. i managed to score a reasonably priced sealed copy (there is some sealed stock flaoting around the interwebs). anyhow, this is by far the best record i have heard in a long ass time, everthing about it works for me. even the covers are basically originals, i don;t think i know anything that sounds quite like this record, it's slightly sinister and so very deep..

any other appreciators out there and is there anything else out there by these guys? actually, any info about them or this record, in particular,would be greatly appreciated. shit like this keeps me excited about records....

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    offhand, a friend mentioned this record the other day and said he thought i'd be into it. i managed to score a reasonably priced sealed copy (there is some sealed stock flaoting around the interwebs). anyhow, this is by far the best record i have heard in a long ass time, everthing about it works for me. even the covers are basically originals, i don;t think i know anything that sounds quite like this record, it's slightly sinister and so very deep..

any other appreciators out there and is there anything else out there by these guys? actually, any info about them or this record, in particular,would be greatly appreciated. shit like this keeps me excited about records....

Cosine!

I've had this records for at least 7-8 years? "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Gramma Heavy" are my joints.

I believe they did another LP, and there's also this sick little 7"...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Had a reissue briefly.
    I ride for every version of ANS.

• Love the LP. It's an excellent production that creates a unique hypnotic and psychedelic vibe. Got that 7" too.

• Otis_Funkmeyer said:
    a unique hypnotic and psychedelic vibe

YES!

so, what is the other album? is there just the one 45?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    How about their foray into drum and bass on that LP? The dopeness. I've played that LP to death over the years... simply outrageous. Totally unique sound. I've never found anything else that captures it.