Is there a Producer/Beat maker thread on here!!??

YouGots2ChillYouGots2Chill 5 Posts
edited February 2015 in Strut Central
Just wondering! Havent been on the strut in years and wanted to catch up on things and see where all the beat makers are. Anyways, I go by FreaQ Show and im bout to launch my new label: "Chillout! Music Imprint" based in San Francisco. I been producing for over 10 years and my weapons of choice are

MPC 1000
MPC Renaissance
Reaper 4 DAW
Various tube & vintage outboard gear
Various plug-ins and soft synths
& A whole wall of records.

Feels good to be back on here and will visit more frequent. Feel free to post your studio gear as well or point me to anything else. First Imprint release will be spring. All my social links in my strut profile PEACE YALL.

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Post a beat!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Welcome!
    The most recent one:

http://www.soulstrut.com/?/forums/viewthread/77755/

EDIT: Chopping samples in Ableton 7, listening through cheap headphones & brokkin' out in my underpants

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    YouGots2Chill said:
    Just wondering! Havent been on the strut in years and wanted to catch up on things and see where all the beat makers are. Anyways, I go by FreaQ Show and im bout to launch my new label: "Chillout! Music Imprint" based in San Francisco. I been producing for over 10 years and my weapons of choice are

MPC 1000
    MPC Renaissance
    Reaper 4 DAW
    Various tube & vintage outboard gear
    Various plug-ins and soft synths
    & A whole wall of records.

Feels good to be back on here and will visit more frequent. Feel free to post your studio gear as well or point me to anything else. First Imprint release will be spring. All my social links in my strut profile PEACE YALL.

Hey,

Here is another recent beat post as well:

http://www.soulstrut.com/forums/viewthread/78024/

I use an Ensoniq ASR-10 and Korg Triton Extreme, and record in Logic.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I miss the beat battles :(

• [del]I miss the beat battles :([/del]

[strong]BEAT OFF[/strong]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I tried to get people goin for Cymande and it just sorta lost steam. If I was a beatmaker, Cymande woulda gotten me amped, it's such a great fucking record. People weren't submitting/dgaf/deadline extension, deadline extension, deadline extension, etc. I wanted stakes, but there were no stakes.

• I hated the beat battles in my city lol. I got 2nd place one time but the people behind them were unorganized and i felt a handfull of people got cheated including me haha. Im all about releasing music now.

• parallax said:
    Post a beat!

Very soon. Working on some stuff right now.

• The_Non said:
    I tried to get people goin for Cymande and it just sorta lost steam. If I was a beatmaker, Cymande woulda gotten me amped, it's such a great fucking record. People weren't submitting/dgaf/deadline extension, deadline extension, deadline extension, etc. I wanted stakes, but there were no stakes.

I got something for that one. It was clear nobody was posting anything so I never finished it, but I got something if it pops off again.

• currently producing 100% onboard my laptop with Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro headphones.
    I have some Yamaha monitors and a midi keyboard / trigger pad / controller thing, but they have been packed up for a while.
    Using Cubase 5.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    The_Non said:

You definitely did more than your share of helping the BEATOFF® along.
    The constantly moving deadlines and excuses for them were too much for it to handle.