Brown Sabbath

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2015 in Strut Central
Don't know if this has been posted here before......Harvey must be hip to them

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Don't have the album. But I went to their first show here in Austin like about a year ago. It was awesome actually.

Brown Sabbath must be getting a good reception in metal circles. For one, I heard an interview of Ozzy himself where he was raving about it. And it was also just announced that Brown Sabbath's rhythm guitar player, Adrian Quesada, will be producing the next album by The Sword.

• They were dope when they were (partly) Grupo Fantasma, fantastic as Brownout and they're amazing as Brown Sabbath. Plus they're like me, brown Sabbath fans. I ride all the way.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    This is great !
    Thanks for the heads up.

Herm said:
    They were dope when they were (partly) Grupo Fantasma, fantastic as Brownout and they're amazing as Brown Sabbath. Plus they're like me, brown Sabbath fans. I ride all the way.

Don't forget Ocote Soul Sounds and Spanish Gold.

• kinda offtopic but is anyone down with Mac Sabbath? i havent heard any of their music yet but my brother in law just get one of their records in the mail the other day and i laughed at the name...

bunch of freaky looking dudes dressed up as McDonalds characters...

• Brown Sabbath = Very good band doing something original with the source material

Mac Sabbath = One joke band that's basically unlistenable

• HarveyCanal said:
    Brown Sabbath must be getting a good reception in metal circles. For one, I heard an interview of Ozzy himself where he was raving about it. And it was also just announced that Brown Sabbath's rhythm guitar player, Adrian Quesada, will be producing the next album by The Sword.

Brown Sabbath has been hovering around my radar for a bit, but I had no idea Adrian Quesada was involved. I love the Ocote Soul Sounds recordings.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Great record by a great band.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Herm said:
    They were dope when they were (partly) Grupo Fantasma, fantastic as Brownout and they're amazing as Brown Sabbath. Plus they're like me, brown Sabbath fans. I ride all the way.

Don't forget Ocote Soul Sounds and Spanish Gold.

aren't these guys also from the same camp? an adrian quesada band?

Money Chicha is indeed an Adrian Quesada project, and this too...

Sheesh, I'm real world friends with dude and I can't even begin to keep up.