POST YOUR BEST BAND NAME IDEAS

13»

Comments

• vintageinfants said:
    asstro said:
    J i m s t e r said:

The Oxbloods (Oi!)

Been done by a long-runnning skinhead band from Brooklyn. Back in the 90's they stood out because two of the members were Black, but I think those dudes are gone now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oxblood/329807013795387

is it possible you're thinking of Oxbow?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Inspired by my current local experience:
    MIDNIGHT SNOWMOBILE INCIDENT

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Dude having one leg also means spare boot for the others, no?

Potted UK-tinged Local DM Experience : "When I was a lad..." the original UK-made Doctor Martens boots only came in two colours : Black and Oxblood, 8 or 18-hole (pairs of eyelets). Skins tended to go for the 18-hole look as in the pic above. Oxblood-wearing skins were often (but not exclusively) Anti-Nazi, whereas black boots would often (but not exclusively) denote an NF (National Front) skin. The two groups often clashed at rallies.

I have owned both colours as a youth, despite never being a skinhead or being made aware of any political connotations. They were a popular choice in school the late 70s before trainer/sneaker/kick discrimination swept through, because once they were worn in and supple, you could get them re-soled at most cobblers. They kind of had a resurgence in the US in the 90s - I recall a lot of broads hoofing in them in R&B vids. They shifted production overseas to Maximise Shareholder Value and you can't get them re-soled anymore, you have to buy a new pair.

I was delighted to be given a pair of DM "Cappers" (steel toe-cap) shoes when I had a gig rolling out new PCs to a client. It was their Health & Safety rule that they provided protective footwear to folls carrying heavy kit as part of their duties. Them shits lasted me 5 years. Not a bad record for this vicinity.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Das Grippesweats
    The Buttclenching Grippsweats

The Steaming Grumpies
    The Thousand-Year Reich-RoNEVERGONNAGIVEYOUUPNEVERGONNALETYOUDOWN

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    The Gruellers
    The Beandippers
    The Raers

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    The Window Seats
    HuMingus
    [strong]Monty and the Beandippers[/strong]
    Zombie Shuffle
    Taste the Pain

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Pizza Skates

A pizzaria where the employees wear skates and it's full of stupid 70s bullshit and wood panneling. (it's kind of become an ongoing joke with my wife over the last few years)

My wife came up with a Star Wars themed sports bar called... "The AdmiralAk-bar" and a Pho joint called "Pho-Cup". The pho joint wouldn't serve bowls, just large cups... large "pho-cups." A small pho-cup, a major pho-cup and a royal pho-cup.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hesher Librarian

Kildo (Gunt cover band)

• J i m s t e r said:

Potted UK-tinged Local DM Experience :
    Local DM Experience postscript: A few years back during the gentrification of Cardiff the supposed "oldest record shop in the world" was kicked out by it's landlords to make way for a DM store.

• Fast and Bulbous
    Gay Buffer
    Pac-maninoff
    English Breakfast

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Swish Nasty
    Das Loop
    Exit Signs

...(yes, I'm bored stiff at work)