ghost town dj's - "my boo" REMIX ID?

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
there was a remix of this song that came out the same time as the OG, so i always assumed it was commissioned by the label, but now looking for it online it's like it never existed...

it's the same beat as the OG, the only change is that there are drops/phrases from classic bass records cut into the song; "i neeed you" (bambataa: yaaaah) "i waaant you" (yaaah) etc.

anyone know this? it could be just a bootleg that came out at the same time but i can't even find out if that's true.

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    there was a remix of this song that came out the same time as the OG, so i always assumed it was commissioned by the label, but now looking for it online it's like it never existed...

it's the same beat as the OG, the only change is that there are drops/phrases from classic bass records cut into the song; "i neeed you" (bambataa: yaaaah) "i waaant you" (yaaah) etc.

anyone know this? it could be just a bootleg that came out at the same time but i can't even find out if that's true.

Don't remember that, but I thought it was funny that one of the comments on the video link at talks about how he wishes music was this good now and how this generation of music is so terrible:

"Stanley Nkereuwem 5 months ago

Seeing these 90s comments make me feel akward. I grew up in the early 00s era. My sister was born in exactly 1990 so like she'd jam to this back in 2004 or 03. I was really small like 4 or 5. But this song is such a great song. Im sick of the shit on the radio. This generation is fucking awful and im ashamed to be apart of it."

Funny because this wasn't exactly high quality listening even when it originally came out. Throwaway club music courtesy Jermaine Dupri. Catchy though. Just thought that was hilarious.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My memory on this is terrible. But I do remember a wicked mix, x-mix, bootleg with something like this.

I swear there was a Sony Music Canada promo/white lable 12" that may have had something like that. But don't quote me on that.