Your Favorite Beer Chronology

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
Dixie, Miller Lite, Tecate, Shiner Bock, Rolling Rock, Dos Equis, Heineken Amber, Anchor Steam, Fat Tire, Bridgeport Blue Heron, Negro Modelo, Thirsty Goat, Pacifico, Bohemia.

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Fosters, Miller Lite, Dos Equis, Peroni, Sapporo, Kirin, Peroni, San Miguel, Estrella, Peroni, San Miguel, Peroni

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Staropramen (#RIPmattstackswell)
    Estrella
    Adnam's Spindrift
    Peroni
    Moretti
    San Miguel

Any combo thereof.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You get Bridgeport in Texas?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

It's pitiful how I moved from rot-gut crack to becoming a beer snob. Here goes:

-Old English 800, Magnum, Private Stock (young, drunken pre-college, early undergraduate era; late 80s).
    -Bud Dry, Rolling Rock, Michelob, and Michael Shea's (mid to later undergraduate era; early 90s).
    -Guinness Extra Stout, Fosters, Corsendonk, Beck's Dark, Elephant's Red, Steinlager, Yuengling Black & Tan (graduate school era; mid to late 90s).
    -Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, Guinness Stout Draught, Innis & Gunn Rum Finish, Duvel, Chimay Red; 2000s to present era).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    You get Bridgeport in Texas?

We get a few different Bridgeport variants down here, but never Blue Heron. It sure was my favorite by far though the year I lived in Eugene.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Miller.....Private Stock & OE.....
    Milwaukee's Best & some higher alcohol Canadian Molson(Frat boy days).......
    Corona w/ Lime and jalapeno.......Heineken......
    Anchor Steam Ale........Sierra Nevada IPA........Blue Point Hoptical Illusion........
    ......Red Stripe w/ a serrano pepper & lime.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Shiner Bock used to be so much better tasting pre-'93 before both the recipe and the bottle shape changed. Oh yeah, back then it wasn't priced as a premium beer. It had the same affordable price as Rolling Rock.

Beer glory daze...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Forgot:
    Moose head
    Holsten Pils

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Keystone Ice (I know) > Fosters > Corona > Miller High Life > Lagunitas Maximus IPA > Leffe > Original (Brazil related) > Bison Brewing Co IPA > St Peter's English Ale

I have come to the realization that Modelo Especial in the bottle is the world's great beer.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This is a much harder question to answer than I thought. I can't even remember most of my favorites--I don't think I was ever that discerning, especially in college, when I had an affinity for shit like Icehouse and Killian's Irish Red, plus the usual assortment of rap-fan 40s. Newcastle took the title for a while. Nowadays it's probably Schonramer Gold, but I'm still not particularly choosy, as there's a wide assortment of beers I'll drink, so I'll just pick whichever one I'm in the mood for.

When I started drinking beer, guess I was 15 or 16, the coolest beer was Coors.
    Only it was not sold East of the Mississippi, so if anyone ventured West it was incumbent on them to bring back Coors, and if they went to the Southwest, peyote.

Can't remember what else we drank then (besides Boones Farm) except Rolling Rock ponies. National Bohemian I guess, and Miller.
    When I moved to Oklahoma only near beer was legal, so it didn't much matter.

Then Henry Weinhardts, Guinness Stout, Heineken, Oly, Rainier pounders (16oz bottles).

Red Hook ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Rainier, Henry's.

Then in Syracuse, Iron City, Harley Davidson, Rolling Rock, Sam Adams.

Back to Portland, Henry's.

Then I quit drinking about '92.

I forgot Dublin when I used to live opposite the Guinness yard.

So, yeah. Guinness and Hoynykn. Pub straight from work.

We had no electricity.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Poast of the year bro holy shit

Rainier Black Label Budweiser Bud Light why ask why try Bud Dry anything we could get our hands on Mickeys Henry Weinhards for a long time Rolling Rock was 93 then came Red Hook Deschutes Mirror Pond killed it for years then mega hefeweizens more Rainier High Life PBR all mexican staples and some Guinness always Elysian's ESB a quick daliance with Chimay loved a Ninkasi because Iron Maiden font and now it's all light american lagers and only about .7 per month

Looking back, Rolling Rock ponies was my all time favorite.

I remember looking for other ponies, but no one else had them.

• discos_alma said:

I have come to the realization that Modelo Especial in the bottle is the world's great beer.

fack yes. Just spent 2 weeks in meheeco and these were flooooowwwwin

Unable to cop in my Northern homeland

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Late 80's-early 90's
    Molson Canadian
    Labbatt Blue
    Miller GD

Mid-late 90's
    Corona
    Heineken
    Stella

Early-mid 00's
    Guinness
    Moose Head
    Alexander Keith's IPA
    Steam Whistle

Late 00's-early 10's
    Boddington's
    Newcastle
    Peroni

2014-present
    Glutenberg PA

Guinness is easily my #1, but gluten became toxic to me 3 years ago.

Great thread, Harv!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    My brother and I loved malzbier when we were kids, my father would let us share a bottle every now and then.
    In high school I would drink the occasional Sam Adams my mother bought. That and Yuengling Black & Tan were her beer of choice back then.
    College - Bass/Guinness when I wanted to feel fancy. I later developed an extreme dislike of Bass and I don't understand what I thought was good about it. Yuengling was still my go-to budget beer though.
    post college:
    Sierra Nevada
    Brooklyn Lager/IPA
    then I developed this thing where I had a different beer for each bar I was a regular at:
    Brooklyn Lager - Black Betty's
    Stella/Kronenburg - soccer bars
    Corsendonk at a restaurant down the street from me
    Tecate at a friend's restaurant
    whatever Avery they had on tap at Trophy Bar

after the move to Brazil:
    Serra Malte/Xingu/Provincia at bars
    whatever local microbrew happens to be available:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Lone Star, Newcastle, Avery Maharajah, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, 512 Pecan Porter

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    The early days - Bud, MGD, Becks Dark, Yuengling porter, hacker pschorr weiss
    then Duvel

now. No allegiance. Lean towards strong beers and sours. Also like to brew using this set up
    All grain!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Nice setup you have there. One of these days I'll make the investment to jump to all grain.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    oh yea! I loved pete's wicked ale when that was around! Brooklyn brown is similar.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Molson Golden, Killian's Red, Honey Brown, Heineken, Sapporro, Yuengling, Newcastle, Samuel Smith Winter Welcome, Old Speckled Hen, Chimay Blue, Maredsous 10

I think Xingu has just earned a spot. Just found a regular supply. The black one.

Word to Ppadilha.

Bressss-eeeeellll!

Drunk-thread-crossover-R

• Oh, come on.

No one really likes Corsendonk. That's just a phase like listening to Big Band Jazz.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    In high school it was OE for the dudes and boone's farm strawberry hill for the ladies.
    In college it was a 6-pack of Bohemia and a Super Burrito from Jalapenos.
    These days, it's Tecate when I'm thirsty and things like this when I want to drink: