Anybody going to the San Diego Rackord Show?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I am. In a little while anyways. I mean, I gotta shower and eat breakfast and stuff first.Mark? Probably there since last night, camped out in a sleeping bag cradling a texas flag.Phil?Steven?Anthony Pearson?Anna?Cas?Sid?Rico Boner?

Comments

• dude i wish...

i am auctioning my ass of right now.

sounds like boatloads of fun.

shred it for me and give an update later.

say high to al for me.

ap

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I had class today dude. sucks. how was it?

right now I am watching a bulldog give birth via cesearean on animal planet. awesome!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Yes indeedy I wrote graffiti on the bus on the way over... Found some okay stuff, picked up a about 5 records from mark and some stuff from Al and Kader and others....Just another day but dudes need to relax a bit, I had my hands in a box and a dude comes right in and starts putting his hands in the same dang box
    He is lucky I knew some of his people cause that's a no no big time, but due to my martial arts training and push up practicing I was able to control my anger... Because once you break down you have already lost 25% of your attack, giving that individual an oppurtunity to counter... To bad I don't know many people at these shows or I would have introduced myself.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    , picked up a about 5 records from mark

SO YOUR NAME IS GARY? HMMMM???? THAT NAME DOES RING A BELL, HMMMM

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    SO YOUR NAME IS GARY? HMMMM???? THAT NAME DOES RING A BELL, HMMMM

We tried to get Phil to give you up, but he wouldn't budge.... I blame it all on mark....

Someone should throw a beach party... I'll bring the tanning oil!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Seriously, if you did buy records off me they must have been hip hop?

Sorry for messing this all up, we are getting closer to the source though, Dizzy.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    From a promoter/organizer perspective it was cool with only a few minor headaches, mostly my own fault. My appologies to folks if I usually let you in free but didn't this time because I'm currently unemployed and broke ass and trying to fund a road trip as far as Fla. (and back). Thanks for helping me for real!! Every $3 entrance fee is like a bean & cheese burrito or a gallon of gas I owe eternal debts of gratitude to everyone who has taught me everyrthing since the beginning. I'm sorry for all the times I might act like an ass.

I got a few recs but nothing real solid for cheap. I also sold quite a few. I'm surprised what people bought and what's still left in my boxes. I'm glad I finally sold my Mighty Tomcats (paul winley) LP for $20 after like 2 years. Although surprisingly not too great an album in my opinion, I still say dude got a fair deal. Stuff like Lost Man sndtrk still sits here for $10 while it goes for $20 all day at sound library, go figure?. Perhaps my name doesn't carry enough weigth. Has anyone googled Al Garth lately?

As always a very interesting mix of people. Flock of seagulls was there as well as some dude in all white with long hair. He looked like gandolf or something and couldn't park well. Many many people commented on the bizarre odor that filled the room. A decent handful of hot chicks also! And the only reason I mention that is because it's raer for a record show. Rarer that the Village Callers I got for mad loot.

Some dude went out the fire exit and set off the alarm which never fails. This happens to be someone I previously banned from vending for being an arse and now he comes as a buyer and still causes problems. There was 3 well visible signs on the door.

Some dudes parked like beginners and blocked others in. Then the blocked dude made an announcement that seriously hushed the crowd. Like pin drop hush.

The notorious "parking lot seller" didn't show up as he advertised. Strange how nobody shows up after I send an Email to all the vendors the night before. Perhaps just coincidence.

I may be listing the Village Callers LP soon with an opening bid of $60, I think I am having buyers remorse.

-AlGarth

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Jeah, Ritmo69 scored a XINGU for $$$ and my face melted. I was gonna buy it but I hadn't moved enough rackords yet. George got that latin heat!!!

I had a great time selling but didn't see as many of the San Diego strutters who usually come out, grrr. Moved a bunch of rock and hip hop, and even a few beat-up jazz records for cheap this time.

Thanks Al, hope the show helps you buy a few more nights at Motel 6 instead of your truck.

• Flock of seagulls was there...

HAHA