What's the "BEST" Cameo album?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
I cant call it.

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    I am happy to stand in the corner and say "Word Up!".

I didn't get hip to Cameo before "She's Strange" (age-R) but honestly, after checking the 70s sets, I believe their latter work has the best tunes.

CODPIECE FUNK. AND WHAT OF IT?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Knight of the Sound Table

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Save for a few Paul's Boutique samples and she's so strange... I never got into this band.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I prob put out We All Know Who We Are and Alligator Woman more than the others but it's a tough call.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I love a song or 2 off of each album, but not really any albums in full.

Alligator Woman has probably gotten the most full play burn outta me over the years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They have so many phases.

Early Dance/Regular Funk-Disco R&B Funk - Punk Funk - Modern R&B Funk.....

Style to Word Up and their early/mid 80's sets were when they significantly slimmed down the band.
    Those joints seemed like the culmination after years of albums.
    Word Up was really their going out w/ a bang album to me....they never returned after that. Which was wierd cause they were huge on all levels.
    Machismo (which has joints) and next stuff dont count...in my book.

I kinda preferred when Blackmon wasnt the frontman soaking up the spotlight.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:

Me too. Tommy Jenkins could 'sang'!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• That's a tough question.

I am going to take the opportunity to post up this performance which I love.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:

Me too. Tommy Jenkins could 'sang'!!!

Anthony Lockett!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I love a song or 2 off of each album, but not really any albums in full.

Alligator Woman has probably gotten the most full play burn outta me over the years.

Agree with Harvey. I can name fav Cameo songs, but not albums. For example I love Smile from Cardiac Arrest but don't really care for the rest of the LP.

• Word Up blew my little 8-year-old mind in '86. I remember just singing it on a loop. Infectious!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    We All Know Who We Are
    Its pretty easy for me, my 2 favourite Cameo tracks are its over and its serious
    RAJ said:
    Save for a few Paul's Boutique samples and she's so strange... I never got into this band.

take another listen to its serious, even if its only for the cool clav work!