Rest in Peace, Stuart Scott

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2015 in Strut Central
Shed some tears when I watched that 12min. ESPN clip.

I grew up watching this dude for sure.

Rest in Peace to one of the best that ever did sportscasting.

"Duncan..Dunkin'!"

Comments

• "Saucy!"

RIP.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    If this doesn't move you, I don't know what will:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Yes, Stuart Scott changed the game of sports journalism. I used to love watching him report sports highlights on Sportscenter. Also, he showed great courage and character during his battle with cancer. His final years were simply inspirational! His legacy is assured, and I wish him a peaceful eternal rest.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    R.I.P. Mr. Scott....you changed the game. I remember a skit on SNL with Ray Romano trying to come up with catch phrases while broadcasting with Stuart Scott. It was hilarious but also showed how every sports anchor that came after Stuart tried to be just like him....and that there would never be another like him...a true original.

Dude was a role model for fighting the good fight against Cancer....his example on both fronts will never be forgotten.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    R.I.P. Mr. Scott....you changed the game. I remember a skit on SNL with Ray Romano trying to come up with catch phrases while broadcasting with Stuart Scott. It was hilarious but also showed how every sports anchor that came after Stuart tried to be just like him....and that there would never be another like him...a true original.

Dude was a role model for fighting the good fight against Cancer....his example on both fronts will never be forgotten.

Thank you, Stuart! Latest talk is that David Robinson is over the hill. But in my book, you gotta get to Whitecastle before the weirdos show up! Tonight at the Alamodome, he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle! Sweet Sassy Molassey! Get out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown as the Spurs beat the Heat, 86-79! Stuart!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Fred_Garvin said:
    Rockadelic said:

Thank you, Stuart! Latest talk is that David Robinson is over the hill. But in my book, you gotta get to Whitecastle before the weirdos show up! Tonight at the Alamodome, he gets Happy-Go-Jackie on the big white guy like a donkey eating a waffle! Sweet Sassy Molassey! Get out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown as the Spurs beat the Heat, 86-79! Stuart!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124974