Bay Area (Jan 2~5)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited December 2014 in Strut Central
Gonna drive through to the Bay to kick it with my friend for a few days. He lives in San Jose area.

Planning on doing the following. If yall have any tips or suggestions, that'd be great:

1) Oracle Arena (Warriors game)
2) Big Basin Redwood area hiking.
3) Records (Groove Merchant do trades? lemme know if it's worth it to take 10~20 records...for a bigger piece)
4) Zachary's in Berkley
5) Bars?
6) Saturday or Sunday night spots? (Two bachelors related)

Anything particularly special going down this weekend? DJ events and all that is cool too.

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Big Basin and Portola Redwoods state park (may be a shorter drive to get to, depending where you're at) are both awesome.
    BUG REPELLENT, YO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    Big Basin and Portola Redwoods state park (may be a shorter drive to get to, depending where you're at) are both awesome.
    BUG REPELLENT, YO.

Bug repellent even in this cold?

Looking to do Meteor Trail in Big Basin. I like less crowds and creeks.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    That's a nice list. Being a betkeley native, Zachary's is a must.

Groove Merchant is great for trades although in my experience he usually likes to do 1 for 1 trades. Not sure if you can trade a bunch of stuff for one big piece but I'm sure it depends on the situation.

Go warriors!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What Oracle Arena lacks in Staples Center flashiness, it makes up for with an awesome crowd. Really into every possession and boy do they have a great team. I am impressed.

On to big basin today.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Cumbia night at Make Out Room tonight (Sat. 3). 22nd Street @ Mission. Gets poppin by 11pm. Gonna try to make it. Haven't been for hella long. It's always fun.