Seeking a late 70's library record (orange cover)

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited December 2014 in Strut Central
I remembered something and posted it on my Facebook page, and I want to post it here.
Before "library records" became a collector's item, I heard an album in the late 70's that I believe was a library/production record. I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade and the librarian at my school, Mrs. Fujita, came up to me and said she wanted me to listen to a record. It had an orange cover with white lettering and a white label, but I don't remember the title. Anyway, she knew I had liked music but didn't know what type of music I listened to. She put it on the phonograph and it was funky. Very funky. A week later, I heard the exact song in a TV commercial. I'm thinking "what is this? I heard that at the library." This was 35 or so years ago. I know some of you know library records very well, so... are there any library records, part of a series perhaps, that had a somewhat bright orange cover? If you know it, you probably know the composer and/or the drummer who plays on it. I don't want the record, but would love to hear the song again. Again, it would have come out between 1976-1979. Any help would be appreciated.

The cover was a bit similar to those by the April Orchestra, where it's one solid color with white lettering. That's it. No photos of anything and I don't remember any designs. I want to say it reminded me of a mix of 70's funk and [em]Battle Of The Network Stars[/em]-type disco. About ten years ago I had saved the graphic of what I assume was it, but that's long gone.

Comments