Interstellar

ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
edited November 2014 in Strut Central
Saw this last night and... well... I sort of loved it.

The way they plotted and visualized some big existential and scientific questions was awesome. The token black guy on the space crew was so awkward... not at all a stereotype (+1). Cool twist at the end too.

The endless melodrama and mostly hokey acting, not so much. Did not need to be 3 hours long!

(That's basically how I felt about Lost - sort of loved it)

I'm still undecided on whether the robots were well done. I LOL'd several times in the movie just based on how weird they looked moving around.

Comments

• I loved it too. I also thought that the robots were silly in the first couple scenes, but appreciated their uniqueness when I saw them in action. I like that they didn't have the usual robotic voices.

Just happy that this guy's still getting work:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I saw Big Hero 6 tonight. Enjoyed it immensely.

Holding off on Interstellar until I can get a decent seat in 70mm IMAX.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    kinda felt like The Terminator + Contact = Interstellar, if you know what I mean.

I thought it was good but can't say I loved it.

also, Christopher Nolan does not like silence, does he?

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I saw it opening weekend in IMAX. I wasn't uber interested in seeing it, but my friend really wanted to see it, so I was down. I gotta say, it was the movie I didn't know I needed to see. Mos def worth seeing in the theater and in IMAX. As far as the robots, it was a nod to Kubric's 2001 along with a TON of the movie, so it didn't come across as hokey to me.