edited November 2014 in Strut Central
What happened to them?

Peace, stein...

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    What happened to them?

Peace, stein...

If there was something to moderate, I'll bring them back!

It seems this place has mellowed out to the point where trolls don't even bother. They're more interested in crashing this site on a daily basis.

But yeah, if it picks up here: I'll be banning somevabitches!

:game_over:

• the trolls/bots managed to scare away the most of the productive and interesting posters. once the trolls/bots achieved their aims they moved on...

i really want this site to have a renaissance. i tried to spend time at waxidermy but that place is just not for me (although the action and volume of record talk is impressive). maybe we just ran out of things to talk about...

crabmongerfunk said:
    the trolls/bots managed to scare away the most of the productive and interesting posters. once the trolls/bots achieved their aims they moved on...

i really want this site to have a renaissance. i tried to spend time at waxidermy but that place is just not for me (although the action and volume of record talk is impressive). maybe we just ran out of things to talk about...

Good point. I see some of the more interesting posters still check in here from time to time... but don't contribute. Current event threads = the demise of Soul Strut?

• crabmongerfunk said:
    the trolls/bots managed to scare away the most of the productive and interesting posters.

so people didnt just stop caring about the Strut, some bots and trolls drove them away?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    the trolls/bots managed to scare away the most of the productive and interesting posters.

so people didnt just stop caring about the Strut, some bots and trolls drove them away?

the moderhatters were needed years ago when the politcal shit started dominating. shit was dwindling before that and there was no sherif to boot the fakers out and tell the impulsive vets to stfu. dudes who pleaded for no moderation arent even here no more. it too latte.

batmon said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

the moderhatters were needed years ago when the politcal shit started dominating. shit was dwindling before that and there was no sherif to boot the fakers out and tell the impulsive vets to stfu. dudes who pleaded for no moderation arent even here no more. it too latte.

Start another current events thread and they will resurface.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    RAJ said:
    batmon said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

done

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    we need to bring the record talk back..up (myself included)
    smaller club house might lead to better discussions
    knoledge to be dropped once more

• FWIW

Personally speaking, when I'm not posting here it has nothing to do with a lack of moderation, it's more that I'm really not interested in the records most people on here seem to rate or collect. I have a large family (5 children) so my funds for collecting records are limited. I can dig funk, jazz, soul, psych-rock etc. (especially the latter) but I don't have the money or space to get into collecting those areas so I mainly care about hip-hop (and hip-hop from a relatively specific period). I appreciate that this isn't what this place is mainly designed to cater to so as a result I tend to post relatively infrequently.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    RAJ said:
    batmon said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

done

And done

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Pete Sasqwax said:
    FWIW

Personally speaking, when I'm not posting here it has nothing to do with a lack of moderation, it's more that I'm really not interested in the records most people on here seem to rate or collect. I have a large family (5 children) so my funds for collecting records are limited. I can dig funk, jazz, soul, psych-rock etc. (especially the latter) but I don't have the money or space to get into collecting those areas so I mainly care about hip-hop (and hip-hop from a relatively specific period). I appreciate that this isn't what this place is mainly designed to cater to so as a result I tend to post relatively infrequently.

people have deep rapp knowledge on here. from bullshit raer 80's records to good texas jams.

• SIRUS said:
    people have deep rapp knowledge on here. from bullshit raer 80's records to good texas jams.

no doubt, Sirus. the level of knowledge on here is DEEP and always has been, I've always massively respected that, but it rarely comes out on that front.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'll continue to talk about records as long as I'm on here. Continually, I listen to and buy music so I'm happy to add on to (or start) discussions. On that note, here are some breaks worth checking out:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Forums with highly active moderators suck out loud.

There are no known exceptions.