TnT Band question

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited October 2014 in Strut Central
tito digalot here:

what is the deal with "mission accomplished" and the later issued "the meditation". some song titles are the same but not all and the cover of the former is incorporated into the latter but altered . is the mediation a reissue or greatest hits package or is it an entirely different entity?

Comments

• anyone have any clues?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I don't have any definitive info on it but my guess is that they were trying to milk the success of "The Meditation" 45 (which was somewhat of a hit record) as much as possible. The Meditation LP is a later catalog number, so we know it was released after Mission Accomplished (1034 vs 1023, respectively).

I'd have to go back and check, but from memory The Meditation LP doesn't have any salsa cuts on there, it's mostly if not all Latin Soul, whereas Mission Accomplished has some nice salsa jams on there. They were really trying to repackage their stuff to sell well to the soul crowd.

I find the "Meditation" 45 in so many soul collections out here on the west coast. It's usually the only Latin record in the collection (maybe there is a Joe Cuba "Bang Bang" 45 in there also). Definitely a major Latin tune that crossed over into the soul market in the 60s.

• thanks man.

is the version of the track "the meditation" the same on both?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Yep, same version to my ears.