Any Numark TT-USB users here?

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited October 2014 in Strut Central
I got one of these as a present from the missus and recently set about attempting to rip some vinyl with it. I imagine many of you will have more stable set-ups that are a bit more sophisticated from a spec p/o/v, but I'm using it as-is, straight from the box, recording into Audacity 2.0.5 on a HP laptop. I figure I ought to be able to get some fairly decent results that way for now, and frankly I don't really want to be mucking around with anything wildly complex on the tech side anyway.

There are a few issues with rumble during quiet passages, but that can be dealt with easily enough. Less easier to establish are the reasons why it's only recording one channel of audio - or more accurately, the same thing in both channels. I'm pretty sure there's a simple fix for that too, but I'm struggling to figure out what it is. The soundcard seems to be configured properly, Audacity is set up to record in stereo, and there aren't a myriad of ways you can wire this sort of kit up anyway so...I'm wondering if there are common issues that I perhaps haven't factored in yet. All donations gratefully received.

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i too am curious i am going to start using Rega Fono mini A2D with a laptop and audacity