Anybody going to the Utretch fair next month?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2014 in Strut Central
1st time to the "big one".... what should I expect? I've heard it isn't great for R&B/Soul 45s, but I 'm hopin' to add to my kraut, heavy psych, and proto-metal stacks.

Comments

• I've never been but it sounds fun from what I've heard. Bring trades!

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Be prepared to feel like you didn't bring enough money with you...

In general, the dealers are only briging the heavy pieces in mint condition. There are a few eurobin style stalls but not many. Still, enough to fill your boots on European Rock/Prog as the place is just so massive

On a personal note- I was disappointed at there being almost no Japanese or Brazilian records. The stalls from these countries were just full of rare pressings of Beatles and Stones records. You could say the majority of the fair is geared around that scene. Classic bands and albums in Mint condition

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    utters said:
    Be prepared to feel like you didn't bring enough money with you...

watch out for the in-door atm

• leonleon 883 Posts
    I've witnessed fist fights over at the Dollar bins. Also, a dealer stole some of my records. Luckily i noticed and with some minor threats received them back.

In any case: leave when you're out of cash or you'll go crazy.

• Thanks for the info, y'all. Hopin' I have enough cash. Figured it would be a $1000+ day of shopping, luckily I have a wedding gig this month, so that wedding will be my fair loot.

Early entry worth it?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    utters said:
    On a personal note- I was disappointed at there being almost no Japanese or Brazilian records. The stalls from these countries were just full of rare pressings of Beatles and Stones records. You could say the majority of the fair is geared around that scene. Classic bands and albums in Mint condition

maybe keep an eye out for Tropicalia in Furs over there, not sure if Joel is going this year but he's done the fair before and specializes in the brazilian raers.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Early entry worth it?

Get a 3 dealer pass you'll not regret it. Friday there's no public, plus early entry on the Saturday and Sunday.

Craig said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Early entry worth it?

Get a 3 dealer pass you'll not regret it. Friday there's no public, plus early entry on the Saturday and Sunday.
    how much do these cost?

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    ppadilha said:

maybe keep an eye out for Tropicalia in Furs over there, not sure if Joel is going this year but he's done the fair before and specializes in the brazilian raers.

Yeah he wasn't there when I went... I've heard he sells there. Tbh i already have the hookup on brazilian stuff but it would be nice to have the option to buy stuff when I'm not in brazil

The fair is full of surprises anyway, and that's what's so good about it. Last time I left with loads of Argentinian rock rares, completely unexpected!

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    fejmelba said:
    Craig said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Early entry worth it?

how much do these cost?

Something like 50 Euro plus post, they're well worth it though!

You get them on the site BTW

http://www.recordplanet.nl/en/

• hastily threw together a mix of some of things I scooped. All OG for those who are interested in such details.(levels are abit all over the place)
    http://www.mixcloud.com/eric-hermeyer/u-heeft-uw-limiet-overschreden/

" U heeft u limiet overschreden "
    haha. was this the indoor atm?

• fejmelba said:
    " U heeft u limiet overschreden "
    haha. was this the indoor atm?
    lol, yep. My stupid self forgot to increase my daily withdrawl limit with my bank. Luckily the beer stand and one dealer out of 534 took credit cards.

Nice Mix E... could we have a tracklist maybe?