Hopsin

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
damn.

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Awful Eminem emulator, weak production, terrible video...

In fairness, I stopped checking for teh rapps a while ago because technology has made "everyone" a potential rap superstar, including this Hopsin dude, which has watered the genre down to the point that it's lost its significance, at least to me.

The last good "new-ish" dude is Action Bronson.

b/w

My opinion really doesn't matter.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Only this kid has some swag and some conviction behinds his words, unlike all these other new cats.

I blame Kendrick lamar. Matter of fact, the dude calls out Kanye and Kendrick in one rhyme. Pretty good.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    He's a good rapper, but the whole schtick is a bit much. If he mellowed out a bit and tried to make a song about *something* over a nice beat, it might be better.

Witness the growth of Meek from his days as a battle rapper (>>> Hopsin)...

...to Rick Ross' better half.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If he mellowed out a bit

Naw. That's exactly what's wack about half of these rappers. Really do blame Weezy with his lazy sloppy style when he was making his mainstream push. Give me a snapback, an Obey t-shirt, tight jeans, and a blunt, and I can do similar things. I'm not asking for M.O.P. but shit Iggy Azalea has more balls than a lot of these fresh-out-of-high school rappers.

The industry makes its push with the flavor of the day, and dudes are rehashing styles all day.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    yuichi said:

The industry makes its push with the flavor of the day, and dudes are rehashing styles all day.

Is it the fact that it's industry rap that you're not happy with or the styles they use?

Not everything that the industry puts out is wack. Actually, I think most industry rappers these days have a handful of amazing tracks in their catalouge before they sign. There are a lot of young rappers who are very original and that's why the industry (and their peers) adopt their style.

• thought this thraed was going to be about a delicious craft beer