KOOL DJ RED ALERT SHOW - SOUND SOURCE QUESTION

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
What is the original source for this siren sample in the intro of this DJ Red Alert Show from 1987?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Jungle Bros. used the same sound for Ill House You.

Maybe there are some sample breakdowns for that song.

• The siren was used by Mantronix in "King of Beats". Almost everyone else who used the siren got it from "King of Beats" .

Thats the source for the siren of Todd Terrys "Can You Party" which he produced under the moniker Royal House.
    And that House song is the base for Jungle Brothers "I'll House you".

By the way, this Mantronix siren is the Dilla siren today.

The Intro of the Red Alert shows sounds familiar to me. I think that the intro is from a rap record, I think I heard it as a kid. But cant remember the source.

So there must be an original source. Red Alert got it. Maybe Mantronix got it, but it also could be that Mantronix sampled the siren from the Red Alert show.

• i know this but im not telling you. you seem a bit of a cunt.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i always assumed it was a sound effect record that got assimilated into a rap context ie ready on the left,etc

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    i always assumed it was a sound effect record that got assimilated into a rap context ie ready on the left,etc

this

• Jaggerz said:
    i know this but im not telling you. you seem a bit of a cunt.

Are you 5 years old?

• i don't really think you're a cunt hawkeye. i enjoy your sample spot malarky.
    but i'm wary of helping you after the horrific jimmy spicer incident of 2013