SF HEADZ ROLL CALL

vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
earfquake today.

pop up and let us know you're good

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Napa bros holler. WaxJunky?

You could definitely feel it in Oakland, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it seems it was up north in Napa. SF Mayor Ed Lee reporting no damage.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Shook the house a little here in west Sonoma but it wasn't crazy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    All good in Oakland. Felt the shake, but it wasn't anything too big. Was kind of shocked to learn it was a 6.0 quake, actually. Napa took it on the chin, though.

• Slept through it in South San Francisco. Didn't even know about it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Napa took it on the chin, though.

I'm assuming the % of broken wine bottles in the area is kinda high?

• Woke up the dog in Davis, CA.

I thought he just needed to go out and tinkle. Found out it was a quake when my folks called to ask about it around 9am.

• DOR said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Napa took it on the chin, though.

I'm assuming the % of broken wine bottles in the area is kinda high?

• i guess false alarm huh.

fair enough. as you were.

• Well, apparently biggest quake in the area since the 89 quake. Nothing to sneeze at.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts

:bizzo:
    :shreddin_it:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I didn't even get outta bed.

• No damage in SF, but our building shook like a mug for about 15 seconds. Strongest quake I've ever felt.

• I am worried about aftershocks. Should I be worried?

With this drought and, what do you call it, earthquakes I am start to think that California has a lot of chaos.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Did any Expedit shelves fall over, collapse, or kill childrens tho?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Felt it up here in Mill Valley and woke up.

One week later and I've got my apocalypse kit.

50 Gallons of water. 2 weeks worth of non-perishable food. Several gallons of gasoline for mobility. Solar & Gas powered generator. Gas powered cooking stove.

Weaponry for protection. Seriously.

When the big one hits you better be prepared, especially in SF. There will be no power or water for at least a week. Shit will be burning.

It's not going to be pretty.

Call me alarmist but when you have kids you need to make sure everybody is taken care of.

Records.

• NateBizzo said:

When the big one hits you better be prepared, especially in SF. There will be no power or water for at least a week. Shit will be burning.

It's not going to be pretty.

Call me alarmist but when you have kids you need to make sure everybody is taken care of.

LMAO

my pal... this is ridiculous and you should check yourself. I was sitting in my mom's house in Berkeley in 1989 when Loma Prieta struck, waiting for the A's-Giants game to start. My dad couldn't get back into the city so he stayed with us overnight (parents were divorced; he lived in SF and worked in SJ). I rode the BART in with him the very next day to Embarcadero (that's as far as it went). Walked up Market with broken glass and shit falling all around until we got to his place in Noe Valley. Sum total of our damage was a couple of chachkes that fell off a shelf and broke. Sum total of our damage in Berkeley was some water spilled from my sister's fish tank. Nobody looted, even in West Oakland where the majority of people died (880) and where most would imagine that riots would break out. In fact, people came out in droves to help.

The Bay Area did not descend into chaos, and that was in the 80s with a 7.1. Trust me, if you think shit is dicey now, you didn't want to be in the Bay in the 80s bro. Get a grip.

Buying a gun and several canisters of gas is making YOUR home more unsafe in the interim. Nothing will ever happen in Mill Valley. Trust me.

• I collapse you saps' raps like Nimitz.

• Safety is no accident. No reason to not be prepared at whatever comfort level works for you.