Arguing about Israel is America's real #1 past time

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
Yeah? No?

Ezekiel 4:12
"Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel."

I feel like that is some solid advice.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    for a country of 7 million people and very few records, it has an impressive/depressing number of soulstrut posts devoted to it that's for sure.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

those men who had maliciously accused Daniel were brought and cast into the den of lionsÔÇöthey, their children, and their wives. And before they reached the bottom of the den, the lions overpowered them and broke all their bones in pieces.
    Daniel 6:24

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "NWA aint shit without Ice Cube......Aaaaaaa-HAH!"

John Kerry could debate himself for 90 minutes.

GW Bush

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

GW Bush

I can't see the dude looking at himself in a mirror for 90 minutes though

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    for a country of 7 million people and very few records, it has an impressive/depressing number of soulstrut posts devoted to it that's for sure.

Says the guy who rarely ever posts about records. Do you even own any?

HarveyCanal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Says the guy who rarely ever posts about records. Do you even own any?

I love talking about movies and TV on here, but I doubt I could have reached my current post count without a lot of music talk over the yrs.

but apparently one can reach your post count based largely on rants about Texas and chemtrails.

which is impressive.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    "I feel concern"

Vinegar

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I just finished reading a book about who wrote the Old Testament. Conspiracy theory that says the Jews were behind the whole thing.

Seriously though it was called "who wrote the bible?" And it wasn't that bad, even though by "the bible" he meant the Books of Moses and a few others. Got a little slow in some parts but the bits about history and politics in those days were interesting.

Did it talk about oral history v written law?

Written by scribes in Syria?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I think it is called the "Documentary hypothesis" in which it is a combination of 4 different documents call P for the priest document, and um... I think D for Deutoronimical and there may have been a J for Job. Shit. I didn't retain a whole lot of it I guess.

Syria didn't really play into it too much although it covered a long time span.

OK, I found it on Amazon. I will read it someday, but not soon. Reading Moby Dick now, been reading it for months and the end is not in sight.

I highly recommend reading Karen Armstrong. I've read A History of God and I hope to read more of her books. They are not light reading.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    OK, I found it on Amazon. I will read it someday, but not soon. Reading Moby Dick now, been reading it for months and the end is not in sight.

SPOILER ALERT: THE WHALE DID IT.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

Gary said:
    the Old Testament.

• Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:

GW Bush

I can't see the dude looking at himself in a mirror for 90 minutes though

Bush painted his feet sticking out of a bath. That probably took him a week.

• LaserWolf said:
    Reading Moby Dick now, been reading it for months and the end is not in sight.

Ant vs. rubber tree plant.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Gary said:
    the Old Testament.

From "Inherit the Wind":

Brady: "The Bible does not say "a whale," it says, "a big fish."

Drummond: "Matter of fact, it says "a great fish" - but it's pretty much the same thing."

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    From the BBC:

"Megadeth and CeeLo Green cancel Israel concerts"

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Gary said:
    From the BBC:

"Megadeth and CeeLo Green cancel Israel concerts"

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

O RLY?