The Leftovers

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited August 2014 in Strut Central
We watching this?

It's not all *that* engaging, but I've been keeping up with it.

Justin Theroux is perfectly cast and he perfectly executes IMO.

Among HBO shows, I can't recall the last one that would focus so entirely on one set of characters/one single arc for an entire episode while ignoring the rest of the stuff going on. Most of their one-hour serials kind of "check in" on each plot during each episode (the Wire was almost annoyingly consistent/jumpy in this regard). I'm not mad at it, but I'm kinda wondering these last 2 wks what's up the compound cult dude.

That's all I really got.

Comments

• I'm like 2.5 eps in. Have fallen asleep a few times watching it. It's dvr'd, but I'm not itching to watch.

Also, co creator's involvement with LOST is a major major major black cloud in my book. I'm still pissed that I wasted all that time on LOST. This better not be on some similar bullshit.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    I am watching, it started off strong, but hasn't done much since. As was alluded to, not enough happens in each episode. And the Lindelof involvement has me weary.

I am disappointed we haven't circled back around to the Loved Ones stuff and/or Wayne yet, especially now that we know dog killer guy is a real person.

There are only 10 eps in the season too, which really has be puzzled on the slowness of the last couple.