fuck led zeppelin in the ass with a red hot poker

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited July 2014 in Strut Central
seriously
the "new" box sets are retailing for only 165.00
aren't page and plant wealthy enough?
page recently received a doctorate from berkley in boston

it's bad enough that half their catalog was ganked from REAL blues/folk musicians,that page was a junkie nonce/pedo and that classic rock radio stuffs the same 7 songs down the collective throat of america decade after decade.
fuck these over-rated old twats
rant over
your turn

Comments

• Homer: "There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the Earth"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kala,

If it makes you feel any better, by releasing this Box Set it opens up a window of opportunity for new lawsuits like the one that members of the band Spirit have just initiated for Zep ripping off their song Taurus in Stairway To Heaven. If there is any justice more suits will follow and they will have to sell a few million of these overpriced box sets just to break even.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How much was the Beatles iTunes package?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    kala said:
    seriously
    the "new" box sets are retailing for only 165.00
    aren't page and plant wealthy enough?

Plant sold his LZ rights like 25 years ago so no use getting mad at him. And I'm pretty sure Page doesn't set the retail prices. Probably makes more sense to get mad at Atlantic.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

"kallman!!"

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    these prices are some serious fuckin bullshit though if you ask me, I would love to buy some of this shit, but this just seems like RSD "over priced trinkets" to me...I wont be buying any of this, I think I paid about $100 for their studio albums on vinyl over the years (if that) i appreciate the quality and everything that is included, but i just cant imagine paying that price per unit for a group that has 9 studio albums, shit will cost you over a grand by the time you get them all

Led Zeppelin (Super Deluxe Box Set) [CD + 180g Vinyl LP] [Original recording remastered, Box set, Deluxe Edition, Digital_copy] - CDN$ 137.88
    Led Zeppelin II (Super Deluxe Box Set) [CD + 180g Vinyl LP] [Original recording remastered, Box set, Deluxe Edition, Digital_copy] - CDN$ 133.31
    Led Zeppelin III (Super Deluxe Box Set) [CD + 180g Vinyl LP] [Original recording remastered, Box set, Deluxe Edition, Digital_copy] - CDN$ 133.06

here is what is included in the other packages..
    SUPER DELUXE EDITION BOX

Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve

Companion audio on CD in a new sleeve and on 180-gram vinyl (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating the first pressing

High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit (Live tracks are 48kHz/24bit)

Hard bound, 70+ page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia

High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered

Led Zeppelin will also include a replica of the band's original Atlantic press kit

DELUXE EDITION 2CD

Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)

DELUXE EDITION VINYL

Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris [2 LP's], II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes [Each contains 1 LP] )

SINGLE CD

Remastered album packaged in a gatefold sleeve with an 8 page booklet (Led Zeppelin III contains CD sleeve in a replica of the original vinyl, including the die cut holes and wheel)

ORIGINAL ALBUM VINYL

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing in exact detail

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

Remastered album and companion audio (Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, II & III feature previously unreleased studio outtakes)

I have no problem with remastering, preserving, and promoting classics.

I forgot how much i paid for that Syl Johnson Box....it wasnt cheap.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    I found the deluxe versions of I and III used the other day.
    They sound great.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:

6Lps + 4 CDS + 40 page book all licensed and from OG master tapes @ $80 = cheap, imo.

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

6Lps + 4 CDS + 40 page book all licensed and from OG master tapes @ $80 = cheap, imo.

True True

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    "fuck led zeppelin in the ass with a red hot poker"

Coffinjoe - :hi:

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    "fuck led zeppelin in the ass with a red hot poker"
    If all the rumors about Page are true, he might actually like that.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    While I thoroughly enjoy your thread title it's capitalism your mad at not LZ. As stated, they don't package this stuff and set the price and who knows how much of this stuff they even have the rights to.

Also, who cares. Either you want this stuff or you don't and if you want it pay up. Nothing is free. This is the nonsense of the box set. Pay a ton of money for something you already have just to get the extra unreleased stuff which is often a poor quality recording or a song that was left off the record for good reason.

I don't even bother owning any LZ because it's not hard to hear one of their song pretty much any time you want.

Page might have ripped off a lot of blues licks but so did every early rocker. You can't deny he's an incredible guitarist.

No one is mad at Page for ripping off blues riffs. He is as good a bluesrock guitarist as any.
    People are chaffed about song credits.
    He is still riding the 'I am part of the blues tradition that borrows licks and lyrics so it's cool' while at the same time crying about sampling.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    No one is mad at Page for ripping off blues riffs. He is as good a bluesrock guitarist as any.
    People are chaffed about song credits.
    He is still riding the 'I am part of the blues tradition that borrows licks and lyrics so it's cool' while at the same time crying about sampling.

That I agree with. There are a lot of blues songs that they heavily lifted from. Lifting licks can be bad enough let along taking lyrics. I'm surprised the companies that owned the rights never sued. Or did they? I'm not a LZ historian.

There are some fun youtubes that go record by record, song by song, lawsuit by lawsuit. He even ripped off Yardbird songs.

On the other hand it has a lot to do with success. There are Little Feat songs (just as one example) that appear to me to be just as lifted, but no one sued Lowell George because LF did not have the deep pockets. Some LZ songs, to me, don't sound that much like the song he supposedly lifted from.

What really riles people up is Page's denials and refusal to share with Willie Dixon et al.

The Beatles (for example) were (mostly) happy to quickly settle with Little Richard and Chuck Berry when they came knocking.

For years most artists/labels put PD for Robert Johnson songs and pocketed the money.
    When an heir was found (in the 90s) there was a lot of paying up to do.