San Francisco...

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited June 2014 in Strut Central
Good morning.
I'll be in SF from Aug 22 to Aug 26. I planning to do some record shopping (GM, Amoeba, etc,.) and go to a couple of ball games. Is there anything poppin off during that time period? I couldn't find anything on the internets, so i come to you.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    So no one lives in SF or the Bay Area? Ok...

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=287537

It's down in Monterey but there are some good acts if you're into this sort of thing

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Mike_Bell said:

I think rootlesscosmo does.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I live in Mill Valley, North of SF about 10 miles. There is a great record store in town. Also at the base of Mt. Tam, which is great hiking and outdoors stuff. Super close to Stinson Beach as well.

I always use Jambase to see what live music is coming to the city.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Years back more than 50% of poasts on teh Strut were back-and-forths between Franciscans arguing about what's the best Popeyes side order.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Years back more than 50% of poasts on teh Strut were back-and-forths between Franciscans arguing about what's the best Popeyes side order.

Red beans and rice. :game_over:

b/w

was in SF last weekend. Saw a Popeye's and had to use all my self control to not get a three piece. Went to Brenda's instead.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Mike_Bell said:

I think rootlesscosmo does.
    There used to be a LOT of Bay Area strutters but I guess they moved on.

Thanks for the info Nate.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I live in the bay, but having two young kids, I don't know shit about anything.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    NateBizzo said:
    I live in Mill Valley, North of SF about 10 miles. There is a great record store in town. Also at the base of Mt. Tam, which is great hiking and outdoors stuff. Super close to Stinson Beach as well.

I always use Jambase to see what live music is coming to the city.

When did you leave Berkeley? I remember you were there at one point? When I was younger, places like Mill Valley and Burlingame and such all seemed like the last place I'd ever want to live. Now I'm like let me holler at that shit, but they are all ballerific.